Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 5

I'M PREPARING TO MEET MY PARENTS BEFORE THEY LEAVE TOMORROW, wearing my brown-colored peak lapel wool coat above my black crop tank and high-waist pants. They want to meet me at breakfast but how stupid of me to wake up late. And now Alice and I were two hours late to meet them.

"I thought my daughters don't love us anymore." My mom kisses my and my sister's cheek.
"Sorry mom, malnourished Snorlax here didn't wake up as planned. I told her to come here first coz I'll be late from work just to see her still sleeping when I got home." Alice says with an eye roll, remembering her nagging after catching me still asleep on my bed— to result a thick pile of paper landing on my face. I can still feel my nose burning.

I only smiled to my mom to show her how sincerely sorry I am.
And of course my mom won't be mad for long.
She was getting a lighter mood when my dad came behind my mom holding a wine that badly destroyed it again. "Mason Clarke Park! It's too early to drink wine. Put it back on the counter!"
Now, she looks angrier, as she watches dad returning to the counter.
I even heard her whispering "you, dipshit" to herself, but I know she loves him.

"I can't believe we're going without you kids, and I have to handle your father alone."
She said with the visible moist forming on her eyes.

"You and dad will be fine mom! We'll call you every day if possible."
I said to her, giving her a therapeutic touch on her arms.

It's been a long day going out with them.
We only didn't end up eating breakfast, but we also went to RKM— Jennie's mom's mall to buy the things they need to bring to Paris and give to their friends.

I can't help but wonder where Jennie is.
She didn't go with us for breakfast and she's not in the mall to welcome my parents.

Am I winning? Is she finally backing off?

"Are you looking for my best friend?" Alice asked, while she smirk at me.
How can she read my mind?
I only scoffed and ignored her.

"Mom, about Jennie. She said she's busy and sorry she cannot come." Alice said, showing Jennie's messages to our mother.

"She already said her farewell Alice. Jennie visited us last night saying she cannot come today due to her work and it's totally fine with us. And still, she had time to bring us her baked macaroons! Ugh. Such a sweet kid." So, she did see them, only it was last night.

---

When I got home, I realized it's Sunday today, and I made a promise to the small boy— Jeremy to visit him. I looked at the clock and it's 5pm, still not late to go to the foundation to visit him.
I sigh because, I was just home for few minutes and now I need to go out again.

I asked Lisa about the address of the foundation, and gladly her answer was quick.
Before I went out, I grab my keys from my high wooden table.

I got into a crisis for a second.

What if she's there and caught me driving this car again?

And why is the damn matter I'm stressing out about this?!

I sighed and grab my other car key.

I walked out of the house in a hurry, pressing my key to open my Land Rover.
Leaving my favorite car behind.

---

"Ms. Roseanne! You made it!" The robot sounds came from my favorite boy.
"Jeremy!" He presses himself to me and I engulf his small body with my big embrace.
I withdraw from his warm hug and let him act like a koala on my long legs when I stand up.
"Glad that you see me before I go."
"What do you mean Jeremy?" My smile fades so easily.

Then I saw her accompanied by two people, holding few papers on her tiny hands.
Her feline eyes are the saddest today and there's no— evident chance of seeing her gummy smile.
"All the instructions to care for Jeremy are in here. And it's better if you won't change the hospital, he—s in, coz Jeremy is already comfortable around the staffs there."
She looks like she's pleading them. And the woman touches her shoulder.
"Don't worry Ms. Kim. We will take care of Jeremy. Thank you for bringing such an angel in our lives."