Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 24

WE'RE BASICALLY IN THE SKY, FLYING TO JEJU. As a Chairman of Jangmi & Co, who owns the Hotel my sister chose... I shared the most important responsibility for my sister's wedding with Brandon. It was hard to convince Brandon when I proposed to take care of their wedding. But I explained the gratitude I have for him for taking care of my sister and my family plus Jennie that of course I didn't mention... and this is the only thing I can do in return. And it took long for him to accept my offer but told me that anytime I'll need his help in some medical advice, he'll be willing to help me.

I don't usually spend 100 million KRW to fly to places, but this is a part of my sister's experience, and I was no longer in a secret middle-class life. My face was in many business magazines for days. So, why not?

H is pissed about this. And I'm so happy that she is. I wear better and more expensive suits than her now.

Alice just accepted my offer quickly, and she decides everything. Of course, the bride decides everything. I felt that even Brandon would reject my offer, he would be forced to still take it.

It's sad that El is still in school and will fly with her grandma to Jeju the day before my sister's wedding. If she's here, she can stop H from following her mom around. And I know because H is pissed, she'll overdo it with Jennie... because she knows it affects me... too damn much.

"Are you regretting the fact that you spent millions on this private jet just to see them like this? If you chose business class tickets, you could actually separate them and better... you could choose and sit beside Jennie." Chaeyoung said while playing with her fingernails; I hate that she's right.

"Shut up." I whispered.

"Your fault I'm bored, you let Shannon fly yesterday with Brandon and Suzy when you were the one needed there."

"Because I need to be here with my sister."
"You just don't want Jennie to disappear in your watch." she said with an eyeroll.

"I said shut up."
"I'm no longer working for you, so you don't have a say in what I do. And if what you did is really annoying." I scoffed and she laughed with an eyeroll again, trying to act like she's still pissed and irritated.

"Joke. Love you... please do not fire Shannon." I laughed and pinched her tattoo-covered arm.
"I will never do that. And besides, she's part of the 'Co.' in Jangmi & Co. It won't ever happen kkk." She's finally free from all the concealers and proudly showing all her tattoos. I want her to enjoy more of her freedom before I offer her again in a position with more responsibilities, but still be comfortable with her skin.

We were interrupted by Lisa and her wine glasses.

"Okay, who like white wines? They have it here! And apple juice!" Lisa said, pouring in wine glasses, assisted by her girlfriend.

"Ooooh, they have pyjamas rolled inside their drawers! Sadly, we were only 1 hour away from Jeju." Seulgi said still opening drawer by drawer.

"Are you not familiar of private planes Seulgi?" Irene asked rolling her eyes.

"Nope, I'm a very practical person. But it can change if someone will change my perspectives." She smirked and surprised that Irene smirked back. What the hell is happening?!

I looked at Chaeyoung, flabbergasted.
"Looks like you're the only pussy here." She whispered.
"I told you to shut up!"
"Fine!" I rolled my eyes at her, and I looked at Jennie again. She's still laughing with H. Ugh. An eye sore.

I rose to my seat. "Lisa, I need the whole damn bottle!"