Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 7

[TW] DISCLAIMER:
This Chapter's upcoming contents can depict trauma to some readers who experienced sexual assault and near-death experience. So, please better leave now and come back for the next chapter, thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for posting just now. I was waiting for my Special Day to come before posting this very special chapter to my readers. And I made it 4.9k long kkk. Hope you guys like it! Enjoy!

================================================================================

WE BOTH FLINCH ON THE RING ON MY PHONE. I step few backwards before I snap away to answer Lisa's call, subconsciously thanking my best friend for interfering in my deepest evil, mixed with guilt rising in my chest, after realizing what I was currently doing. Forgetting to check on her and ask how she is after the injury is a heavy add on.

*clicks*
"Hey dude! S-sorry! How's your leg?" Sounded like I just went on a run.
"Oh—Uhm, it's good now. Actually, that wasn't why I called."
"Hmm. Then, what?"
"I was planning to rent a resort for my birthday. Do you know anyone we can ask?"
"Oh." Suddenly, I can breathe.
"I'll ask Ms. Kang; I think her family owned one."

I heard her steps fading and was too nervous to confirm it. I agitatedly and stiffly looked on the wall while talking on the phone.

"Thank you! And how is your evening with Jennie? Sorry I needed to go early. Ugh. Bummer!"

"Your girl had motion sickness last night; thought she can do star frisbee with me. She ended up sleeping here because she can't drive either or doesn't want me to drive her home." I felt the acid rising in my throat, like my words slapping me back to reality, making my last night and early morning nonsense and temporary.

Jennie... is Lisa's.

"Eh? Hehe whatever. Send me Ms. Kang's number so I don't need to disturb you. See you later!"
"See you!" I hang up with a frown... looking at my phone's screen for few seconds before I walk straight to the table to see Alice alone.

"Where's Jennie?"
"Oh, she didn't tell you? She went out after putting these goodies on the table. She said she have some works to do."
"She just said she's off today right?"
"I don't know. She's the one who said it alright?" My annoyed sister said, rolling her eyes.
Yes, no one can disturb her eating. Not when she's also lacking sleep.
So, I let her be as I let my disappointment grew in me alone.

I leave the table as I felt my appetite abruptly fading. But I'll surely eat later. Homemade meals on our table are pretty rare. It was what Jennie prepared and what I requested after all. I will not leave it without a taste later.

But now my brain is torturing me again.

Why?

Why has she gone?

Is it because of what happened in the kitchen? What's wrong with me? I almost kissed her.

And maybe she's panicking for witnessing how weird I am. Sigh.

---

"I thought you forgot about this school already." Ms. Kang greets me with a soft smile. She's on her usual white v neck tees, plain but silky black coat, matches with over waist brown checkered pants and high heels. Something like Jennie will wear as working clothes.