Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 17

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE ENCANTO PRINTED BLANKET IN YOUR CAR!"
I burst a laugh in ironic amusement.

"Laugh all you want but it's all we have to sit on. Please, don't sit on Mirabel's face oh Rosie come on!" She pulled me towards her, rested her arm on my thigh and her hand rested on my knee; made me lean on her side, made me shut up at the process and watched her as she was keeping me closer. It's like I'm seeing her eyes, gazing at the stars for the first time... it twinkles in the night light. Its beautiful and warm and .... happy. I slowly smiled at her without her knowing.

The stars may envy her; because she's way prettier than them.

She's beaming beside me so much and it made me realize that she knew I'm looking at her; I couldn't stop my hand to pinch her fluffy cheek while she let out a giggle and beautiful eye and gummy smile.

It gave me butterflies.

We decided to have a stop on Ichon Park. Jennie illegally parked her car on the middle of the narrow road and told me it's nothing to worry about because there's no one driving this way in this very late hour. She placed her emergency 'Encanto' blanket on the grass to be our seat.

I hate to go out at night in this weather but having Jennie around and her warmth made me change my mind in a matter of seconds.

She handed me stick sausages and a bottle of orange juice, and I joyfully get it.
"I didn't know you're now into junk foods."
"I'm still not, but stick sausage is an exception." She grinned, overly peeling one with her teeth; how can Jennie the girl who I thought who has an OCD, acting like a child and continuously beaming?

I pull the sausage off her hand with a groan. "Give me, you... disgusting toddler!"
I said pulling the tip of the plastic to open; then I return it to her.
"Thanks!" She said, pecking my cheek with a kiss.

"You really like doing that." I said to her with a blush.

She nods at me in a way like she's dancing, while masticating her snack.
Her smile and energy glimmers more that it becomes contagious. "And I wish the next time, you'll like kissing me back on the cheek too."

She looks contented... with me, in what we have; and I'm nothing but grateful about it. I turn to the lake, just to watch the moon's reflection on the flowing current of the water. Breathing in the breeze and Jennie's hair shampoo. It's very refreshing and invigorating. The night truly is young, the time doesn't matter now when Jennie is within my reach.

But moments like this really makes me nervous, and I can't explain why. Maybe because I believe that I'm bound to be broken. I always believe that after experiencing such great happiness, something will mess it up after. My family, the hotel, and Robin Enor; I have been living with this monster for so long, I grew with it.

I shake my head and think of something else. Then I look at her and see her brown eyes watching the moon above, the moon's reflection is so beautiful in her eyes. I don't care if she wears contacts most often. I believe she looks as pretty as now. I hope she won't see me staring at her like this again. Cause I can't look away for now.

I started to imagine a life with her, how intimate and sensual I'll have with her every night; how she wakes up beside me every day in the morning; how is it loving and living with her for a lifetime. How I change if I choose her if I choose to be with her.

I pressed my temples on how stressful it is to think about. And why am I even thinking of these things?
Can I just stare at her without thinking how it is to be with her? Because I can tell you, 'Jennie effects' are too powerful to me.