Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 21

ALICE WENT WITH BRANDON...SOMEWHERE. I didn't know, because after I witnessed the most heartbreaking sight my eyes became blurred with tears and I rushed to go out of the club, and my friends followed me quickly, including Seulgi that was MIA a while ago. We did club hopping; we had drunk too much and gladly after all the public destructions... we didn't go to jail.

I was late.

I was late to get Jennie back.

And it's all my fault.

Now, I can't do anything about it. I will just pray to heal and take all this hurt out of my chest. But for now, I'll breathe it all in like a drug. I will let it eat me until I can't feel anything anymore. If she was twice a heartache than Robin, it means I will never really find another person in my life. I'm bound to love her till I die.

----

"So, this will be a routine? You, coming into my office?" I asked sarcastically to Chaeyoung while she lean on my door with arms crossed.

"Can't help it. You're near my office now. We're sharing the same floor. And I can say that we can be friends by now. I repeat; You are near my office." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have to do this. Tell Shannon I'm okay."
"It's not just because of my girlfriend, okay? I'm your friend too. Seeing you like this is very uncomfortable."
"Like how you covered your tattoos with concealer every day?" She laughs.

"Yeah, something like that." She taps my table with her fingers when she sits down.

"What now?" After what happened in the club, I started to avoid my friends especially during at work. I always want to be alone. I want to fight alone without them seeing the hardship... I don't want to bother anyone with I'm going through. And sure, now Chaeyoung is invading my space and it irritates me.

"I don't want to tell you, but I want to tell you, urgh. It's complicated.
But H called me that she's coming for the meeting before lunch, and she's bringing Jennie with her because they went somewhere else before they come here." I know Chaeyoung doesn't want to hurt me, but she doesn't want me to be surprised to see Jennie walking around the building hand in hand with H either.

"It's fine. I'll just be here in my office."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes, this is for the best. I can't go take a half day today. I need to finish many things. Taeyeon's comeback is tomorrow."

"As you say so." We maintained eye to eye while she's walking out of my office waiting for me to change my mind. But after what happened in the club, sure I won't get Jennie back; she has H now.

---

*rings*

*clicks*

"May I get a hand?" Joy asked me in the phone.
"On what?"
"Taeyeon unnie doesn't like her fit, she can't dance with these trousers, I just need your help in choosing another one, because I have like 20 different pants here, and I can't decide."
"I'm working on some paper works, just ask Lisa."
"Lisa is in MBC right now working on the stage with her team.
Pretty pleeeeeease!"

"Can't believe you'll ask a manager for that. I'm in another floor now."
"We are still sharing a building duh. Just come here quick, so you can proceed with your paper works."
"Fine."