Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 22

"ROSIE, SAY SOMETHI-N" THE LITTLE KID TOLD ME WHILE BOUNCING UP AND DOWN IN EXCITEMENT. It made me smile and chuckle. I watched her as she whines more and shake her whole body like she's dancing. She has a lot of energy for late afternoon.

"Come on say something. And come inside!" She shouted with high tone and squealed after, that hurts my ear. She quickly pulled me inside using her whole weight, and the guard closed the door behind us with a smile.

"Do you want to stay and play? I can make you coffee or chocolate!" She said while gripping on my coat, still shouting.

"Wow, you know how to?"

"I know how to make those Rosie; I have private lessons in a Café!" I kneeled in front of her and look at her again, face to face. She wrinkles her nose like Jennie does, and it just makes me want to smile more.

Maybe it's you Jennie wants me to meet.
After that thought struck my mind, I abruptly lost my smile.

I feel devastated to know it was her that I was avoiding meeting and not Robin. This cute little kid who has a bright smile was the one who wanted to meet me, the one Jennie said that will like me once she gets to know me. How can I not saw this coming? How can I not think of the possibility that it's not Robin, like many people like aprons and arts, right? If I knew that it was this kid and I was invited to meet her, I'll be here in a heartbeat. See how I can affect her? She looks so excited.

I suppressed my want to punch myself for how foolish I've been because the kid loves to meet me. I guess my feelings needs to wait until I can leave this place. Or never, because at least now I did meet her, and she doesn't look like she was tired to wait till I meet her.

"What's your name kid?" She shows again her gummy smile.

"El."

"Oh, you're the friend of Jeremy? The one who gave him Ymeene." She nods and bounce at the same time.

"Yes! My name is Eloise Kim. And yes, I'm a friend of Jeremy." She said proudly. I was looking at her the whole time and I can't stop grinning. She's too much of a Kim to be adopted right? When I was fully back to reality of my newfound truth, she walks towards me again with a cute smile on her face and hugs my face, caressing my hair. She then sways while holding me and humming with a song that I slightly can recognize, due to some off-tunes.

She can feel my sadness. I know that she did, and I let her comfort me with her little hands and arms and her suiting humming though she's still a stranger... she doesn't feel like a stranger to me.

The opening door interrupted us and El happily screams, hurting my ears again.

I clenched my eyes and cover my ears before I turn around to watch where El is going.

"Mommyyyyy!"

Oh god.

"Hi, baby! I'm sorry I have to visit Jeremy briefly." She kisses El's cheeks after she gave the groceries to her butler.
"Are you okay, sweety? Want to make a dinner now?"

"Wait mommy! Look who's here!"

We were both surprised. "Jennie..." I slowly stand up. Didn't feel her lipstick was already rolling towards her, until she retrieved it on the floor. She became pale and she tries to grip on her lipstick like she wants to break it.

"El is your—?"

"Yes, El is my daughter. She was the one I wanted you to meet." She breathes out. I know that she wants to explain things to me. Like why she didn't tell me that it was this kid. No. Why didn't she tell me she has a kid? But the presence of El, and her anger towards me and the moments I declined her offer to come here brings back in her memory, I guess. So, she only stared at me and wait for my reaction than answer my questions I know she can see from my eyes.