Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 10

HER UNREADABLE EYES WE'RE STILL ON ME. She's right about everything she said to me, she's right to be afraid and not trust me. She's right to keep her secrets from me because I'm a person who mostly have bad judgments to people, and it's sadly doesn't exclude her.

She sighs and grabs me by the shoulder.

"You're supposed to take your lunch break, go and I'll see you next time." Jennie gives me her tight smile before she turns her back on me. But I'm too quick to pull her wrist again. She turns around and give me a defeated look.

"Don't go yet." I sounded like I was begging.

"But I hate where this talk is going." She tries to move away but she's stuck with my grip.

"Not yet." I said, reaching on her hands. "I'm sorry. Just slap me whenever you think I'm offensive. Because I hate that side of myself."

"You know I can't do that."
"But just remind me. I don't want to lose..." She was waiting for me to finish what I'm saying but because of how shock I am about what I'm about to say... I only end it with a sigh to wash away that certain thought that I nearly spill and move to another thought that I have.

"Before you go, I have a proposal for you."
She gave me a skeptical look.

"Meet me again tomorrow at 6pm after my work. And I'll tell you." I had an idea, but I need to sort it all first before I tell her. I hugged her by the waist before she can even reject it, she slides her hands on my back in return, rests her entwined hands at the back of my neck to keep her arms firmly around me. She sighs and places her chin on my shoulder. After we were both contented, she managed to answer me with her usual sweet and calm voice. "Okay."

---

I went down 30 minutes before our meeting time, and I was surprised to see her already waiting for me.

"You're early." We said at the same time, and we giggled. Maybe this is our thing now, to be in synced.

"I was planning to say that I'm not interested in your proposal, but you, witnessing me as an early bird might not justify that statement." She said and I smiled so wide my jaw starts to hurt. "You're damn right, my favorite lawyer."

I pinched her wrinkled nose lightly between two of my curled fingers and offered my hand before we went down to the parking lot.
"Don't tell Alice I said that." I whispered to her, and she sweetly laughed.

"Enjoy your date with Ms. Park, Ms. Kim!" I heard Haruto shouting behind the reception desk, and Jennie only answers him with a wave of goodbye.

We rush to go down with both our smiles fully shown in our faces. We quickly walk to my car like every second is necessary, I pressed the unlock button, but she stopped before she can get to the shotgun's door.

"So, what's your proposal?" She looks eager to know it, like nothing can stop her to know it now than later. Her eyes are roaming on my face like she's trying to read me, she's forcing my eyes to talk back, and I can't help but blush; because like her, I was also roaming on every part of her beautiful face and mostly through her softest feline eyes.

"Before anything else, I want to clear that I have no intention to ruin your health." She looks like she's trying to get the point but failed. She breathes deeply. "Okay, so what is it?"

"Can we have our dinner first?"

"No don't leave me hanging, I'm too curious now." I sigh on how charming and stubborn she is.
"You're too tight Jen, it's not good for you." I continued.