Inquisitive Heart - Chapter 19

A KNOTTY WEEK TURN UP AFTER THE LAST CONVERSATION I HAD WITH JENNIE.
I was ignoring her messages and calls lately. And maybe it was the reason she's not in my office the whole week; maybe she thought she won't be allowed to do so. And if she does, I don't know how to face her and answer her if she'll ask me again why I'm ignoring her messages, because we were past 'jammed mail'; and I just realized how fucked up that reason was. Thank God it's Saturday, I did overtime, and she doesn't know I'm at work.

I wanted a space to think about things. Is Jennie living with Robin? If, it's Robin Enor, it will much complicate everything. Especially, knowing that Jennie's Rosie was hers a decade ago. Her Roseanne who was in-love with her and who promised to never replace her... will totally change after knowing that her friend's love interest is also her. Will she recognize me when we finally meet again? Can she still know that I was hers?

That I was the youngest daughter of the last owner of La Fluer Hotel that she visited before it closed down? The Young miss who could have given her everything she wanted.

I switched my phone to flight mode and asked my group co-workers to reach me in my office telephone number, because I'll probably be here until I decide to go home late at night again for over-working.

It's Saturday and I felt that it's too late for Jennie to visit if she wanted to see me.

I went to the function floor and settled on the edge of the mezzanine, watching my people get busy on the clothes, props, lightings, and backgrounds they will use for Taeyeon's Music Video. Her comeback is delayed and somehow a flashback of me and Jennie popped out, the moment I asked her to come to see Taeyeon live. I suddenly had an urge to see her.

"I was calling you from your phone and your office phone. I thought you already left, twinny."
I heard Son Chaeyoung; Shannon's girlfriend whispered at my back. "Shannon missed you too."
She rolled her eyes at me. "Seriously Park, if not for my girl I'm already out of here. What is it? Why did you see her?"
"I was just hanging out with my friend."
"Do you think I believe that?" She raised an eyebrow with her arms crossed. She hates me for getting her girlfriend involve in many things. It was the reason why she's here... because she replaced Shannon in that spot, I forced Shannon to do.
"Think what you need to think Son. I'm going now. You better go upstairs before someone sees you here."
"FYI. The board's not here on Saturdays!"
"I don't care! Don't go at my floor!" I said glaring at her. Then her hands thrown up in defense.

"Alright! Tell her I miss her!"
"Tell her yourself!"

---

I saw my office's lights were on from my office's door when I got back. I almost drop my heart because it might be Jennie and Robin inside, waiting for me. I contemplate for a second, I deep breathe before I can even sneak into my own office. Just to see it's a person I didn't expect to visit me at this time.

She seems different. Maybe it's the way she tied up her hair, maybe her make up is lighter than the last time I saw her; or maybe it was her expression. She was holding an envelope with her fingers ever-so-lightly; then, she slowly placed it on my table. "Hi." She said shyly. "Hi." I said in return, looking at the envelope I once had.

She rolled her sleeves up and sit on the chair in front of my office table like the person I was ever curious to meet: Her transparent self, the most vulnerable side that once covered by the most arrogant one.

"How did you know I was here?"
"I saw Jennie going with Irene this morning, I've heard that she'll have an early drive out of the city; Alice is not around; I didn't know where you live now, and I've heard YG is very busy preparing for Taeyeon's comeback. So, I'm trying to test my luck that maybe you're here."
Hearing Jennie's plans without me in it, hurt me. Guess I'm a fool to feel that way, because I was the one not answering her texts and calls.