Chapter 8

I woke up, my whole body still paining as I sat up and groaned because of the massive headache that I had along with the body pain.

"Good morning," a voice that wasn't Sonia's greeted me.

"What the fuck!" I screamed as I threw pillows across the room.

"Omph!" Rohan grunted.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked as I pulled the blanket to my neck, closing my eyes as I tried to calm my breathing. Having nightmares and then seeing a man, who wasn't my husband yet, in my room the first thing without me knowing about it was a scary thing for a girl to experience.

"Not exactly the greeting I wanted but hey Sanjana, good morning,"

Upon not receiving any reply he grunted and rubbed his face, muttering something under his breath before looking at me.

"I came to check up on you but you were still asleep and your parents suggested that I wait in your room, even though I denied a lot, they said you'd be happy to see me apparently and so here I am, and I'm sorry I probably caught you off gaurd and it wasn't my intention to catch you off gaurd and scare you like that, I swear," he said.

"Well, I'm fine and I'm doing good, now can you leave?" I said and almost regret saying those words as I see the look on his face. He opened his mouth as if to say something but stopped himself and got up.

I was such a dumb fucking asshole. He took the efforts to come and check up on me and here I was being an asshole to him. And, he was being extremely kind to me by being patient with me because I knew if I was in his place, I would have given up on my partner for being such a damn bitch to me all the time.

"Listen, I--" before I could apologise for my behaviour, the door to my room opened.

"Hi!" Sonia's cheerful voice greeted me and I just ignored her as I tried to get up but my ankle felt stiff and I had to sit down immediately.

"Offo jiju, help Sanju," Sonia said and I glared at her.

"Urmm...sure," he said as he walked towards me and put an arm under my shoulder as he pulled me up to my feet.

"Sonu, get me my clothes please," I said as Rohan led me to my bathroom.

"Nice," he said looking at the mirror which was filled with hearts and words like beautiful, pretty and smart.

"Don't look," I hissed as I placed my hand on his eyes. The reality of my actions sunk in that I was actually touching him and I immediately drew back. It wasn't like there was anything wrong but somehow I just felt embarassed because he was seeing a really vulnerable thing.

"Here you go," Sonia said as she walked in and I sighed in relief.

"Sonu, help me and Rohan you can ermm--"

"I'll go to work, now that I now you're okay," he said, noticing that I was feeling uncomfortable and I felt the overwhelming urge to cry because I was really pushing him too hard but my trust issues just make it diffcult for me to open up as it is and the fact that he was a man was another huge hurdle.

"Nonsense! Join us for breakfast," Sonia said.

"No, I don't--"

"You'll not listen to me?" Sonia said as she pulled her infamous puppy face. I've never known anyone who couldn't resist her puppy face.

"Fine," he said as he ruffled her hair and walked out.

"Did he just-- are you smiling Sanju?" Sonia asked me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes as she helped me shower.