Chapter 42

Sanjana's P.O.V

"Rohan! Chalo we're so late!"

"I'm sorry, just give me 5 minutes I'll get my jacket," he shouts from the room.

"They need to eat their dinner Ro, hurry up,"

"I'm done, I'm done," he says as he stumbles out of the room.

I shake my head as he grasps my hand and he drives us to the hospital. As he parks in the parking lot, he doesn't unlock the doors though.

"Rohan,"

He looks at me and gently cradles my face in his hands and brings it closer until our foreheads are resting against one another. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before opening his eyes and offering me a small smile.

"The food will--"

"Sanjana I just..." He trails off and let's out a shaky breath as he closes his eyes once again.

"Kya hua Ro?"

"I just... I just want you to know that I'm really thankful to you and I adore you and cherish you and that I--" he stops and let's out another shaky breath, tears welling in his eyes as he continues, "I love you Sanjana, and I don't want you to feel obligated to tell me now, I'm okay if it takes time, I just want you to know that I love you and I fall in love with you everyday and every morning that I wake up with you by my side, it's so much bright and I can't thank God enough for blessing me with you,"

"Rohan--"

"No don't say anything, I know it's going to take time, it's okay, I'm--"

I interrupt him as I close the distance between us as I kiss him. He goes rigid for a moment before relaxing and pulling me into him. A tear escapes my eye and I smile against his lips as he holds me.

"Sweetheart," he murmurs as he leans his forehead against my shoulder and holds me close to him.

His thumb is still stroking my cheekbone when he pulls away and stares at me. I can already feel myself getting awkward as the time passes and he offers me a goofy smile as if he knows that I'm gonna be awkward now.

"Let's go now?"

I jump out of the car as soon as he unlocks the doors and rush towards the Monica's room. I hear Rohan chuckle behind me but I pay no heed to him and focus on getting to Monica and Sunil. I knock lightly and crack open the door. Both of them are sleeping as we enter the room and I can't help but stare at them. They look so adorable, Monica is curled up against Sunil as she snores softly. I know I would be violating their privacy by clicking their picture but I do it even then because this was a moment that just looks adorable and something I feel like Monica would cherish.

I sit down on the sofa in the room and Rohan sits down next to me. I sigh and close my eyes as Rohan pulls me closer until my head rests against his shoulder.

"Hogaya? Where's our dinner?"

"Tumhara hogaya? Look at you guys cuddling like that," Rohan snaps.

Monica and Sunil grin at each other and start sniffing and I groan inwardly. I know what they're gonna start with.

"Monu you smell that?"

"Yeah, is that love? Mere bacche bade hogaye?"

"Stop it," I groan.

"Do you see the way Rohan is looking at you? Like a lovesick puppy,"

I feel my cheeks redden due to the warmth and the duo start laughing as I blush. I quickly hurry and plate their dinner. As they eat their dinner silently I sit beside Monica on the chair while Rohan talks on the call with someone.