Chapter 15

Rohan's P.O.V.

Ahh what is wrong with me?

"Some day this mouth is going to get you in trouble!" I scolded myself as I slapped my mouth.

A kiss on forehead? How could I even ask that!

"Just because you got a chance to wake up to her that day doesn't mean you'll get to kiss her on the forehead Rohan!"

I tried to focus on working on my case but couldn't focus on anything. Meeting Monica and saying those words to Sanjana had messed up with my mind.

I got up for a coffee break but the telephone started ringing.

"Yes Lilly,"

"A family is here, they would like to meet you,"

"Lilly, you know the protocol,"

"I know sir but it's urgent," she pressed on.

I knew that she rarely used the words urgent or called me directly.

"Fine, help them settle in the meeting room, call Sanjana as well," I said and hung up.

I collected my notepad and my file as exited the office to find Sanjana doing the same.

"It's serious," I said as we walked towards the meeting room.

My breath hitched as I took in the view in front of me. The mother and father were crying hysterically as someone consoled them.

"Urm.. hello,"

They both looked at me and immediately leapt to their feet and got on their knees.

"Sir please help our daughter, they ruined her, they didn't spare my 17 year old daughter," the father cried as he held my hand.

"Sir, calm down, we're both here to help you," Sanjana said in a tight tone.

Something must have triggered her. Was it the mention of daughter? Or the fact that the parents claimed their daughter was ruined?

"Come on ma'am, let's sit down and talk okay?" I said as I put an arm around the lady and helped them up.

"Lilly, call Satish and Nisha as well," Sanjana said as she sat down next to me.

Nisha was off her maternity leave and had joined back two weeks ago, she was an expert in crime against women and children. 

As they both walked in and sat down, Sanjana started enquiring the parents.

"My daughter, she was coming home from school when two guys, they... They threw acid on her," the mother broke down as she hid her face in her hands.

"She had told us there were two men who had been following her for the last few days, I thought  they would leave her alone but... They threw acid on her face,"

"How did they get the possession of acid?" Nisha asked as she looked in my direction.

"Those guys, they are the sons of the MLA of our area, they are very powerful, when we reached out to the other lawyers, they didn't want to take the case, sir please don't deny us, we want our daughter to get justice, sir please," the father said as he joined his trembling hands and started crying.

"Sir, we will work on this case for sure, we would go in more details about this but could you tell me more about your daughter?"

"My daughter's name is Sunidhi, she's only 17," the mother choked out and Sanjana stiffened next to me.

Was it the age?

I entwined our fingers under the table and squeezed it lightly. She stared at me but I focused on the parents.