Chapter 18

"Sanjana,"

"Hmm,"

"Sanjana, wake up," Rohan's voice greeted my ears.

"Five more minutes please,"

"You're drooling over the file Sanjana," Rohan said.

My head immediately shot up and I blinked as I noticed the wetness on my hand. Definitely drooling. I searched the file was drool bit luckily didn't find any. I wiped a hand over my mouth and rubbed my eyes before focusing on Rohan who was sitting on the bed as he read a book.

"Good morning," he said in a clipped tone and I frowned.

"Urmm... Good morning," I mumbled as I scratched my head.

"Sanjana, this is third time I'm waking you up in the morning to find you not in the bed but on the study table, stop working so late at nights," he scolded me.

"I couldn't sleep," I said as I got up and stretched my sore limbs.

"Why?"

"I just couldn't Rohan, stop interrogating me in the morning itself," I said before yawning and then headed for a shower.

Once I had showered off my sleep, I quickly changed into something comfortable and went for breakfast.

I ate the toast and drank my strong coffee in silence because I was the only one who hadn't had breakfast.

"Sanjana,"

"What?"

"Would you and mom go shopping today, Monica needed some clothes," Sunil asked as he stood next to Monica.

"Yeah sure," I nodded as I focused on my coffee which wasn't strong enough to keep my sleep at bay.

"Or we guys can go tomorrow, Sanjana why don't you sleep today okay? I guess you could use some sleep yeah?" Mom said as she walked inside.

"Yeah thank you," I mumbled as I quickly put the vessels in the wash basin and walked to the bedroom.

I ignored Rohan and I snuggled into the bed and soon enough I dozed off.

When I woke up in the evening, it was raining and that made it difficult for me to get out of the bed but I still sat up and stretched my arms.

"Sanjana, chalo let's go eat dinner,"

"Dinner? Did I sleep so much that I missed lunch?"

"Yes you did Sanjana," he sighed.

"No wonder I'm hungry," I grinned sheepishly.

I got down and then wheeled Rohan to the dining room where mom and dad were chattering about something.

"But you know she doesn't like me," mom complained.

"But honey I can't say no to her,"

"And she's gonna say something to these both also,"

"But--"

"Fine do whatever you want but if she says anything wrong that'll be the end of my politeness towards her," mom said as she glared at her plate.

"What happened? And why is mom so pissed?" Rohan asked.

"Your Dadi is going to come to live with us in a few months," mom hissed.

"And she's apparently a villain," I guessed.

"Oh trust me she's worse than that, her snide remarks and her overbearing nosy nature," mom said.

"I'm sorry honey," dad said as he put an arm around her.