Chapter 25

"Rohan, you still need to be careful, go only knows what petty tricks Mr. Puri has under his sleeves," I hissed as I drank the juice.

Apparently my statement seemed to have shocked Monica because she choked on her juice and spat it on the floor. Sunil immediately came to her aid as he patted her back while she recovered.

"I'm sorry," She asked.

"It's okay," I said.

Rohan and I got up as we set everything up for today's hearing in court. I honestly wanted to fight even with a cast but then Rohan insisted that he lead this case. Just as we were about to sit in the car, Monica followed behind us.

"Would you mind if I came with y'all?"

"Urm..."

"I just thought maybe you could use a little surprise," she said.

I furrowed ny eyebrows, confused at her words and she just shook her head. We sat in the car, me in the passenger seat while Monica sat in the back seat. Through the ride, Rohan spoke about the case and then he asked me about the last time.

"I was honestly so sad, the way that asshole twisted the evidences and the truth and showed it to the court as if it was the girl's fault! I mean I hate it when lawyers, just because they have been paid so much to twist facts, do anything and everything and in the end come up to the point to blame the girl, every single time! Oh it's the girl's fault for not speaking up! Oh it's the girl's fault, she attracted the attention! Well then we'd better be dead because even if I breathed they'd point fingers in my direction!"

Rohan and Monica seemed quite startled by my outbursts and I just offered them a stiff smile before looking outside the window.

Rohan parked inside and then we all walked towards the courtroom. We noticed Mr. Puri and those assholes walk closer to us and we stopped to greeted them. I could see from far away that they were smirking. When Mr. Puri came close enough to us, he stumbled and faltered as he stared at Monica. He looked as if he had seen a ghost, all colour drained from his face as he started sweating. He stuttered a little before he composed himself and then walked inside the room. As soon as he was out of sight, I turned around with a raised eyebrow as I looked at Monica.

"He... I'll tell you both later," she said before walking ahead of us.

°

"Yes! Yes!" I whispered as the police cuffed the men.

Though I knew we were winning because apparently Monica seemed to have shaken Mr. Puri who would glance on our table every now and then and even stumbled on his own words.

Rohan hugged me tightly as we jumped up and down in delight. Our little moment was interrupted when someone cleared their throat. Much to my dismay, it was Mr. Puri and he was staring at Monica.

"What is it that you want?" Monica said as she stood up.

"Monu--" he started but stopped.

"Monu? Do you even fucking hear yourself? Where was Monu when you married me off to an abusive asshole?"

I gasped as I stared at both of them.

Don't tell me...

"Yeah, you probably guessed it right Sanjana, meet the silly excuse of a father! Who instead of fighting for the right thing, fights for money and then blames every girl for being a fucking girl!" Monica's voice raised a little bit.

"Monica," he said.

"Monica was dead to you the day you sent me off knowing that he was an abusive asshole and she died a hundred deaths everytime you uttered those disgusting words for girls in this courtroom," she hissed before leaving the room.

"Don't follow her, she doesn't want to talk to you," I said.

"B-but--"

"I might be sadistic in saying this but seeing you in pain comforts me, you ruined me that day, I'm happy to see tears in your eyes," I said.

I was stiff as Rohan and I left and almost fell down once I was out of the courtroom. Rohan was immediately by my side as he wrapped his arms around me. I curled my arms around his blazer as I tried to calm myself.

"Let's go home okay?" He asked softly as he wiped my tears.

"Yeah," I whispered.

Rohan led me to the car and my heart felt heavy as I stared at Monica who was crying.

"Monica,"

"I'm fine, let's just go home," she said and immediately slid inside the car when Rohan unlocked it.

We were driving home in uncomfortable silence when I thought I'd had enough and broke the silence.

"So you're the daughter of that asshole,"

"Sanjana--"

"I'm sorry you know, and I'm not sorry for him being your father, I'm sorry because when he ruined things for me when I was 17, I remember I'd cursed him and I'd said that if he had a daughter I wanted her to suffer, that if he has a son I wanted him to suffer because of what that asshole had done," I said softly.

"I, ofcourse didn't suffer because of your curse Sanjana," she said softly as tears welled in her eyes.

"He was my dad's friend you know, but he'd betrayed us for money," I said, I was close to tears.

"Trust me, every day since the day I knew how he won these cases I wished to god that I didn't want to be related to this man, I hated him so much, I hate him so much," she said as she sniffled.

Sunil was standing outside when Rohan parked the car near our house and Monica immediately ran into his arms as she started crying. Rohan and I sat in the car for some time.

"You know it isn't your fault right?"

"Yeah I know," I mumbled.

"Mhmm I'm sure because no wonder you're sulking,"

"I can't help but feel guilty,"

"But why!"

"Because I probably cursed her,"

"You were young Sanjana, I'm sure you didn't probably mean it," he said he as held my hands.

I didn't say anything as we got down and walked inside the living room. I slumped on the sofa, too exhausted from today's events and tired as well. We were all so exhausted that mom decided to order food from outside and we all settled in the living room, Sunil played a random movie on the TV while we ate food, all the while talking and laughing at some silly jokes that dad cracked.

_______________________________

Urm.. a short update?! I hope you guys liked it!

 a short update?! I hope you guys liked it!