Chapter 43

Sanjana's P.O.V

I burrow myself further into the warm blanket as my teeth clatter. Rohan chuckles as he walks closer to the bed.

"It's not even cold baby,"

"It is," I murmur as I pull the covers until my chin.

He shakes his head and gets under the covers before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"Hi," he whispers as he stares at me.

"Hi," I murmur, suddenly feeling shy.

"You're flustered,"

"No I'm not,"

"Yes you are, baby," he murmurs as he pecks my lips.

"Rohan,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

The words are out of my mouth and it knocks the breath out of Rohan as he stops breathing next to me. His hand trembles as he cradles my face in his hands and places his forehead against mine as he lets out a shaky breath.

"Wh-what?"

"I love you too,"

I have a smile on my face though I not sure if he can see the smile because of the darkness in the room. I feel the weight of the arm around my waist being lifted and some ruslting before the room is flooded with light. Rohan stares wide eyed as he moves closer.

"Can you repeat?"

I smile as I repeat the words.

"Once again?"

"I love you, I love you so so so much Rohan, I'd honestly be stupid not to love you baby," I murmur.

(A/N: I'm a sucker for the word baby and my heart melts when the girl calls a guy 'baby')

He smiles and looks down as tears well in his eyes.

"You're not crying are you?"

"Wh-- me and cry? No of course not, this cold is making my eyes water,"

And someone was telling me it wasn't cold just s few minutes ago.

"Okay, if you want me to believe that I'll believe it,"

"I'm really not crying,"

"As you say baby," I whisper as I hold his face in my hands and peck him.

"Can you say it again?"

"Is it so unbelievable that I love you?"

"No its just... it's really good to hear it, so much better when you're the one saying it,"

"Kuch bhi,"

"You have no idea what it means to be sweetheart," he says as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer.

°

"Hey Monica," I greet her as I settle next to her and lean against the headboard of the bed.

"It feels so good to be home,"

"Yes,"

"But I hate this wound right here, the doctors told me it'll leave a scar," she mumbles as she caresses the bandage on her left cheek.

"Scar or no scar you're still going to be beautiful and strong, you know that right?"

"I know I'm beautiful Sanju, not a day passes by where I don't wake up and tell myself I'm beautiful,"