Chapter 9

I am officially Mrs. Rohan Mehra now. I tried not to hyperventilate at that thought as my hand was clasped around Rohan's.

My parents were looking at me with tear filled gazes as we got ready for the bidaai.

"Mom," I whispered as I hugged my mom and just like the other times, my dad and Sonia joined in as I cried around them.

According to many of my friends, being the elder child means they are not pampered as much as they should be but in my house, I am the most pampered child. My parents had always been protecting of both of us girls and I knew I was pampered a lot.

"Sanju," Sonia cried as she clung to me.

"Shhh honey, she's not leaving forever," dad said hoarsely as he pulled Sonia away from me.

"I know but dad--" she choked on a sob as she wrapped her arms around my mom.

My dad took my took my hand and led me to where Rohan was standing and placed my hand in his.

"You better take care of my Sanju," dad said to Rohan and I felt fresh tears welling in my eyes.

"And you mera baccha, no, no more crying, okay?" He whispered as he held my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"I'll miss you papa,"

"I know babu," he said as I settled in the car.

"I'll see you soon sweetheart," he said and the car started moving. I stared as my dad's figure zeroed and until he was out of sight.

"Here," Rohan said as he offered me the tissues.

"T-thank you," I muttered as I wiped my eyes and blew my nose.

"You want water?" He asked softly as he looked at me.

"Yeah," and gulped down the water from the bottle.

As we reached his house, which was only 2 hours away from mine, I calmed myself and tried not to tear up.

"Come on," he said as he stepped out of the car and came to my side as he opened the door and helped me out.

As we were walking, I saw a few women, probably our age standing at the entrance of the villa.

"Bhaiya! Not gonna work, you need to carry her!" They said as they blocked the entrance, giggling as they stared at their brother and their sister-in-law, a.k.a me.

"Disha, come on let's us in,"

"Nahi!" The women said. Rohan sighed and turned to stare at me, silently asking for permission and I nodded my head because more than anything, all I wanted to do was go to the room and sleep because honestly, weddings were tiring.

"Okay fine you stubborn women," he groaned and then he swiftly picked me up.

We entered the house and did all the rituals before Rohan's mom, mom as she'd asked me to call her led me to Rohan's room which was now ours.

I quickly changed into something comfortable and laid down on the bed. As I heard Rohan approaching the room, I pretended to fall asleep.

"Sanj-- oh you're asleep already?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow then," he muttered.

°

"Sanjana darling what are you doing?"

"Making breakfast?" I asked and cringed at how stupid I sounded because what I was making was no where close to edible.

"Mhmm burnt pancakes?" Mom asked as she chuckled and shook her head as she came closer to me and leaned against the kitchen counter top.