Chapter 40

Rohan's P.O.V.

"I'm gonna go to my room, call me if only it's necessary," Sunil mumbles before walking inside his room and slamming it shut.

Dad looks at me as soon as we hear the click of the door lock. After Sanjana had left, we'd convinced Sunil to come home because if he would stay there, it would only torture him because he'd either keep fainting because of the smell of the hospital disinfectant that ticked his anxiety or he would worry himself to death. Mom volunteered to stay there with Monica who was still unconscious and dad and I drove home with Sunil.

"Don't worry, I'll check up on him, you rest okay?"

"I'll be sleeping in the living room, who's with Sanjana?"

"Sonia called me, she told me she will be keeping her company," 

"Alright, good night beta,"

I walk inside my room to find Sonia sitting on the bed as she spoke on the call and Sanjana asleep with her head in Sonia's lap.

"... hanji just give me some time jiju is not here yet,"

"Hey," I greet her.

Sonia smiles in my direction as she finishes her talk on the phone. I sit on the chair beside the bed and look at Sanjana, who is frowning in her sleep and mumbling incoherent words. I find Sonia staring at me and she smiles as I catch her looking at me with a certain look.

"What?" I ask softly as I clear my throat and look away from her.

"You're cute jiju, you both are," she grins.

Even though I find it silly, I feel warmth spread on my face and neck as I blush and Sonia let's out a chuckle, shaking her head as she mumbles something under her breath.

"Roshan is coming to get me, apparently he misses me a little too much because he was on a business trip and hasn't seen me,"

"Awe," I tease her.

"Chup raho," she says shyly.

"Awe is Sonu blushing? How cute,"

I ruffle her hair as I get up and she grumbles as she also gets up and gently places Sanjana's face on the pillow. Sanjana mumbles something in her sleep when we hear the honk of the car and I accompany Sonia towards the car.

"I know I don't need to say this since I know you do take care of her but just be there for her, she's a little shaken up because of what happened,"

"Don't worry, I've got her,"

"I know you have and I'm so happy it's you Rohan--"

"If you say thank you, I'm not talking to you,"

"Jiju, we really love you, thank you," she says the last two words with a grin and rushed off to Roshan who scoops her in his arms and hugs her close.

Roshan nods as me before I close the door behind me, giving them privacy and jog to the bedroom as I change into something comfortable before joining Sanjana on the bed.

She seems to be awake because she turns to face me, her trembling hand clasping around mine and she relaxes as she offers me a small smile. I pull her closer to me and wrap my arm around her waist.

"You okay?"

She nods and yet I see tears welling in her eyes. We just stay like that, me giving her the silence and yet holding her so that she knows that she has me. I weave my hand through her hair as she falls asleep.

°

Sanjana's P.O.V

I balance the plate on one hand and knock on the door.