Chapter 14

I was sitting in my office idling away when I heard commotion outside, one distinct voice that I heard was of Rohan.

"Can you stop shouting?" Rohan asked.

I walked outside and froze as I stared at the cause of the nuisance.

"But Rohan beta, we had some work with Sanjana,"

"Sanjana?" Rohan asked as he raised his eyebrows in my direction, clearly know that my aunt was bluffing.

I just shook my head as my blood started pounding in my ears as I felt myself getting light-headed. I don't know why I gave them so much power over me, why I let them affect me so much but I just couldn't help it with these people. They always knew how to get under my skin.

I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation as I focused in myself. My eyes started drooping and my knees gave out. I braced myself for a fall but arms wrapped around me and steadied me.

"Hey Sanjana, it's okay, they're gone now," his soft voice whispered in my ear as I breathed heavily.

I hid my face in his shoulder as I clutched the collar of his blazer.

"Sanjana I've got you," he said.

He rubbed my back in a soothing manner and continued whispering sweet nothings in my ear as I calmed down.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I wiped my face.

"Hey there's nothing to be sorry about," he said with a small smile.

He guided us inside my office and stood by the door as I walked near my desk. I turned around mid-way and looked at him.

"Can I-- can you hold me?"

"Anytime Sanjana,"

He closed the distance between us and wrapped him arms around me. I sagged against him as I sighed. We stayed there for some time before I pulled away and Rohan left me alone after I reassured him that I was okay.

°

A few weeks after the incident, I was eating lunch in my office when my mom called me.

"Sanju,"

"Ha ma,"

"Why didn't you inform us that she was there in your office?"

"I'd forgotten about it ma,"

"You'd forgotten about it? You never forget about this,"

"Ma,"

"You don't need to worry about worrying us okay? You need to tell us! She must have triggered you again, that good for nothing lady I need to get a restraining order on her, just because we haven't done that she seems to think she can show up anytime, that witch--"

"Mom,"

"--that wench, if I get my hands on her I'll strangle her to death, how dare she try to sabotage your relationship--"

"Mom!"

"What beta?"

"Ma calm down, Rohan handled her," I said.

"Did she try anything funny?"

"No ma,"

"But you had a panic attack," she said already knowing.

"Yes," I said in a small voice.

"You know you can't let her have that much power over you right?"

"I know ma, but I can't help it okay? It's not like I have any control over it..."