02

"Can you believe him?" Jean says as he watches Eren. Armin and Jean are sitting at the 'cool table' as how the Attack Academy sees it. The cool table is in the back, always on the same spot, with Historia, Ymir, Reiner and Bertholdt sitting on it. Annie sits with them too but she is missing today.

"Can you believe who?" Reiner, the jock asks and puts a fry in his mouth, Bertholdt is arguing with Ymir as to who is organizing this nights party. Historia isn't bothered by them and plays with her phone.

"Obviously this Eren dude or whatever his name is." Jean rolls his eyes and annoyingly takes a fry in his mouth.

"Who now?" Reiner laughs and Jean joins in.

Jean points at Eren's table and cringes as he sees Eren and Mikasa talking. He feels a pang of jealousy at that sight.

"Ohh... you mean Eren Jaeger, yeah that dude's alright, I mean he has no friends, except maybe Connie and Marco but other than that he is always alone. His grades are mediocre and well he is just normal I guess." Reiner points out and Jean raises his eyebrow, wondering how Reiner knows that much about that jerk.

"Bertholdt told me all this, I mean Bertholdt knows everything about everyone." Reiner explains and continues eating his burger.

"Bertholdt can you tell me about Mikasa. Is she single?" Jean asks, his tone hopeful.

Bertholdt turns away from Ymir and turns to Jean. "Oh do you really wanna know?" Bertholdt asks and looks at him scared.

"Yes! Tell me everything about her!"

Bertholdt laughs. "Okay so she is the best in her classes, even though she is missing a lot, she never attends our parties and well basically never attends school. Although she is barely here, everyone knows her." Bertholdt chimes.

"Wow.. how can she score so good if she's missing a lot?"

"She only comes to school on days where we have exams or tests. Basically all the important days." Historia answers without looking up and picks on her long nails. Ymir is chuckling.

"Historia, don't eat those nails." Ymir remarks and Reiner laughs. "I've seen her eat worse." Reiner jokes and Ymir stops laughing and turns to face him with a serious look.

"What's that supposed to mean? Was that directed at her in a sexual way?" Ymir asks him with a serious tone.

Reiner stops laughing as Ymirs glaring at him. "Uhm no it's just-"

"My perfect girlfriend." Jean mumbles dreamily and everyone on the table looks shocked at Jean.

"What did you just say, horse face?" Ymir is ready to throw hands. Historia just laughs at all of them.

"I- no.. I meant Mikasa. She would be my perfect girlfriend." Jean explains and Armin giggles. "Oh Jean, you and your dreams."

"It's not a dream, you will see. All of you will see." Jean is ready to stand up and walk away but turns around again.

"Oh and when does the party start?" Jean asks Bertholdt. "At 7 why?" Bertholdt answers and looks at him with wide eyes.

"Because I'll be there too." Jean answers and walks away, Armin joins him.

"You? You're going to their party?" Armin asks and Jean shrugs. "Yea why not?"

"They're not the type of persons that you'd hand around with." Armin explains and Jean stops in his tracks.

"And you are?" Jean asks and Armin sighs.

"I mean we have been friends since elementary school, Jean and I know you want to belong to the cooler kids but trust me, they're not that cool." Armin says and Jean laughs and goes through his hair. Jean looks at Eren's table and it's empty. Jean gets a weird feeling and feels a bit hurt.

...

"What class do you have now?" Mikasa asks Eren and they're both standing at his locker. "Mathematique, that's why I did my homework. Thanks for your help by the way. You're really good in Math." Eren says and puts all his books in his bag.

Mikasa chuckles, "That was easy and I have mathematique too, I'll just sit next to you again, if that's fine for you?"

Eren nods and smiles, but his smile fades away as he sees Reiner and Bertholdt walking in his direction.

"Hey Eren and Mikasa, wanna join the party tonight?" Bertholdt asks them and Mikasa looks ready to fight. Whereas Eren looks relaxed and ready to take a bath.

"Party? I don't really go to parties." Eren simply responds and gains a laugh from Reiner.

Eren notices that they're laughing at him but he doesn't care.

"What's so funny?" Mikasa asks them and crosses her arms, both of them stop laughing.

"Well you want us to join your stupid party? We will." Mikasa answers and pulls Eren into the classroom.

Reiner and Bertholdt look at each other confusedly.