25

Eren's Pov:

I drove her back to her house and drove myself back home. What was wrong with me? Why did I possibly think it was a good idea to bring her there..

It was a special place and maybe I thought for a moment that Mikasa wasn't the right one.. but my instinct tells me she is somehow.

I take off my shirt and lay down on the bed. It's got dark already and I roll down the blinds. Then on that moment my phone beeps. My heart starts pounding, what if it's Levi?

It's a text message from Armin. I hold my breath and open up my phone,

Armin:
Hey dude, are you coming tomorrow?

Yes

Armin:
Ok see you

I don't know why but when I met Armin for the first time I thought he was gay or something.

I snicker and put my phone back on the counter and drift off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of our Television playing downstairs, why does my dad have to watch in full volume?

I wake up and bend my arms and arch my back, I still feel tired but also not.

What does this day have to offer?

I stand up a little too fast and almost trip, making my way to the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and then splashing some ice cold water against my face.

I hear the door opening behind me,

"Gosh what!" I blurt, my mouth full with water and toothpaste foam.

"Jesus nothing! Keep brushing your teeth. I'm just here to collect your dirty clothes." Mom says with a angry tone,

"Okay?" I say and rinse my mouth,

"Turn the faucet off! You're wasting so much damn water, do you have any idea how much water costs?" My mom

"What's your problem mom? I'm not the only one living in this house." I argue and turn the faucet off. My eyes are searching for the towel but there's none then my mom hands me one.

"Here." She huffs and I take it from her hand. I dry my face and my hands,

She's grumpy today, maybe she has a fight with dad or something although they rarely fight.

I look at her for a couple more moments,

"Mom are you alright?" I ask worriedly.

She stares at the ground and drops the basket in her hand,

I quickly pick up the basket and throw the clothes inside, mom squats down as I finished.

"Your dad and I have some financial problems at the moment." She says, her eyes fixated on the basket.

"Is that why you were angry at me?"

"Honey I could never be angry with you. It's just we work a lot already, your dad and I, yet the rents keep getting higher.."

"What do you mean, keep getting higher?"

"Your dad and I are paying for the rents, normally they cost 1200$ but now they want to raise it 1500$." She explains,

Then she strokes my cheak, "We want to make it easy for your future and afford the college that you'll attend in one year." She says and smiles.

"Mom.. I want to help too. What can I do? Find a new job? I can work please let me help." I just want to help my parents, I don't want them to struggle for my sake.

"It's okay. We'll find a solution." She mumbles and kisses my forehead. "You focus on your grades, okay?"

I nod and close my eyes, I'll do whatever I can to help them even if I'm useless I can be some help.

"Oh and by the way.. how's it going with you and that girl.." I pull my head back and look at her. "You mean Mikasa?" I question.

"Yes her." My mom looks like she's happy now.

"We're uhm alright."

"Alright huh? What does that mean?" She smirks and looks at me like she already know everything we did.

"Mom please." I say and hide my face. I feel the heat appear in my face.

"No gosh! Don't tell me Eren, you lost it?" My mom almost shouts,

"No! We didn't.." I respond, embarrassed.

"I'm just being a curious mom best friend. You gotta tell me when you hit." She laughs and throws her head back.

I roll my eyes and she stands up and grabs the basket from my hands.

"Oh Eren my little boy is getting big." She says in a melancholic tone.

"I'm just growing up." I defend but my voice betrays me.

"Sure you do sweetie." She says and gives me one last kiss on my cheek and leaves the room.

I stand up and get ready after all I'm going over to Armins, I wonder what he's up to.

After ten minutes of driving I arrived, Armins place looks well.. just as I expected.

I knock a few times and hope his parents aren't here. I just want to be alone without anyone disturbing us.

"Eren!!" Armin exclaims as he greets me.

"Hey." I just smile and give him a pat on the back.

"Come inside. Hurry!" Armin says and I quickly get inside.

"Leave your shoes on." Armin tells me and I cringe. My eyes fall down to his feet and he's still in his sneakers.

"Armin I really thought you were one of a few with common sense." I mumble.

"Huh? Did you say something?" He asks as he's roaming the place for something. "No." I shake my head and stiffle a laugh.

"Fuck where is it?" He says rather to himself and I just sit on the couch. I like how I'm always comfortable with Armin, for example I can just sit on the couch without even asking for his permission.

Then my phone beeps and I annoyedly take it out of my pocket, it's a text message from Levi.

What the hell does he want?

Levi:

We gotta talk brat.

Update:

Sorry guys this took me long to update but I don't want to give up this story and desperately want to reach 10k as it would be my goal and yea I won't back away and pls keep reading my story cuz I have so many new ideas.