11

Soon enough we arrive at school, people are looking at us but I could care less. I see that Mikasa could care less too.

When Jean and Armin pass by, they stop and glare at us, well Jean glares at us, actually he only glares at me. Mikasa notices that and pulls my hand in hers. That gesture alone is enough to make him mad.

I can just tell that Jean is exploding inside and honestly I couldn't love this moment more. I hold her hand tighter and we both walk to class.

"Oh god you should've seen his face." Mikasa laughs and pulls her hand away. A bit of sadness appears but I brush it aside.

"Yea, we still haven't learned yesterday. How are we gonna pass this test?" I worry and Mikasa is relaxed, we sit on the stairs and a few students pass by, all of them staring, I want to shout at them to mind their own business but I don't want to cause a scene.

"Just sit next to me and I'll handle the rest." Mikasa mumbles and pulls out a small black book, my curiosity gets the best of me.

"What's that?" I ask her and she looks at me a bit embarrassedly.

"That's my uhm... diary." She answers and my jaw drops, Mikasa writing a diary?

That sounds so unrealistic, I can't believe her.

I burst out laughing. Mikasa's face drops and she stands up,

"No wait." I stop laughing and pull her arm,

"Ouch Eren, let go!" She jerks her arm away and hurries to the bathroom.

Historia appears from behind me,

"Can you please stop randomly appearing behind me, that's weird." I snap at Historia and she just shrugs.

"I can talk to her, if you want." She suggest and picks on her manicured nails.

"Why are you trying to help me? You don't even like Mikasa, do you?" I can't help but wonder why Historia is trying to help me, she never even talked a word with me nor did she ever noticed me, I don't think she even knew that I went to this school before I showed up at the party.

"Yea I guess but do I need reasons to help and be a good person?" Historia stops picking on her nails and tries her best to sound reasonable.

"In this case, yes you do." I tell her.

Ignoring me, she goes to the bathroom and tries to talk with Mikasa, I don't know what happened in there but after 10 minutes, Mikasa leaves the girls bathroom, without even looking at me and hurries down the stairs.

I try to run after her but Historia holds my arm,

"Let go of me or I swear I will kick you." I warn her with a daring look.

"You wanna kick a girl? Wow how lame can you be, Eren?" She remarks and glances at me with a sarcastic look,

"You know my name? Oh wow." I growl at her and push her away slightly. I run down the stairs, of course she's gone again.

I want to know what Historia said to her that made her run out of the bathroom so fast, I really want to know.

"Forget it, she's gone, for good this time." Historia announces behind me and I push her, she lands on her butt and shouts furiously,

Reiner appears from the toilet and charges at me with a killer look, he pulls me by my shirt and punches my face, I try to kick him away but no chance, he is like Hulk and I'm like a piece of shit.

He charges at me again but Jean stops him, why would he out of all people stop him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Reiner yells and Jean gets a kick too,

"Yo stop man, I'm saving your ass. What do you think I'm doing. If a teacher finds you like that, punching that useless piece of shit, you'll get in trouble, huge trouble." Jean grunts and Historia watches.

Reiner then groans and lets go off me, he looks at me, "If you ever touch her again..." He grits his teeth and turns around to get Historia, they both go to their class.

A few students have surrounded us and Jean awkwardly stands there, then he looks at me.

"Are you alright?" Jean asks and helps me up,

"No, but I guess I deserved it." I cough and a little blood drips on the ground,

"Yeah." Jean agrees and I think somehow he will punch me too.

"Well won't you clean up the mess?" Jean asks impatiently and grabs me by my elbow and pulls me to the bathroom.

"Yeah I was going to. Thanks." I take a cloth and wet it and press it agains my jaw.

"So are you uhm...you and Mikasa a thing now?" Jean mumbles while he's playing with the door handle,

I turn to him and wince as the sharp pain on my jaw appears, "To be fair, I don't even know what we are. One minute she's kissing me and the next she's running away from me like a cat." I laugh and realize what I just said.

"She kissed you?" Jean looks at me, he isn't angry or anything like that, he even looks hurt.

I nod and fuck I shouldn't nod, that hurts even more,

"Look man, I don't want us to fight over Mikasa. I don't even know what we are. I mean we only kissed twice. She might even have a boyfriend, I mean I never asked her." When I'm honest, I don't even really know her.

"Doesn't that bother you, I mean if she had a boyfriend or was taken?" Jean asks firmly,

"No." I lie.

"So you're just messing around with her?" Jean finally asks, damn he's asking a lot.

"Yea." I respond.

Suddenly his asshole face returns,

"Well alright, I guess we took too long here. Girls will think I'm gay for helping you here." Jean laughs but I don't join him. Does he know how dumb he sounds.

"Aren't you going to punch me?" I wonder and take a new cloth and press it agains my jaw and cheek.

"For what?" Jean laughs harder and surprises me.

"I don't know." I shrug,

"Rule number 1 Eren, never punch someone who's already beaten." Jean playfully hits my back and then laughs.