13

Chapter 13
PARK SOOHYUN

Unknown Number

Hey

This is Jungkook

I got your new number from Tae

I will delete this of course if you're uncomfortable

So yeah

I just wanna personally invite you out for a drink

To catch up you know

If that's fine with you

And oh, don't worry

We've got Tae and Dr. Nam Jiwon joining us tonight

Please text me back if everything's good

Have a great day

Hi

Yeah it's okay

Oh hey didn't expect you'd reply but thank you :)

Will wait for you later

Ok

Happy lunch break

Taehyung

<<image attached>>

You gave your best friend my number

we're cool but I don't trust this yet

Just so you know

Then why did you accept his invite?

Lol

Both of you are idiots

Anyway see you later

. . .

By the time we met outside the hospital, pretty much everyone looked jaded. Like the day beat us up and there was no energy left for us to smile. Jungkook and Taehyung quickly introduced Dr. Nam Jiwon to me and we told them we met each other a few times already and she said she couldn't wait to talk to me properly. We didn't talk much after that and only exchanged a few nods before each one of us drove to Nite Life except Taehyung who had to get in Jungkook's car. Everything didn't feel weird until we all sat down at the table and started to talk over the drinks we had ordered. Taehyung found a seat next to me while the two sat comfortably across from us.

With my first sip I wondered if this was wrong. It was awkward at first but I thought it could be just on my part, and for a brief time no one spoke, just the noise of chatters and music drifting in the air that made the inexplicably discomfort fade away.

One of us initiated a light conversation afterwards, mostly about work. It was hard to ignore Jungkook who was struggling to find the best sitting position he could get comfortable with, all the while focusing on his beer. Jiwon commented that he should talk but only returned a chuckle when Jungkook explained that there was nothing interesting about his day.