18

Chapter 18

PARK SOOHYUN

Taehyung

Who's that guy you're going out on dates with again?

Your message is so random but ok. He's Namjoon.

This is the first I ever got the courage to ask u about that. Are you like... too attracted to him now?

Why do you want to know?

I'm just curious.

Why would you be curious?

We're still not close and I understand that you have not told me anything about your romantic affair or whatsoever. You've never been this so quiet about Jungkook.

🙄

I might jinx this so it's better if I keep it private.

So you like him a lot? If you'd like to keep it private, then it must be serious. 😂 He's been frequenting the hospital lately. Wow.

I choose not to embarrass myself. Why are you so interested?

I want to know the competition.

Strange. Be honest. Do you have feelings for me because that's going to be so awkward.

Don't make it weird. I'm still sane enough not to hit on a friend.

What competition are you talking about then?

Someone has asked me, actually. He wanted to confirm.

For real?

Kim Taehyung had left me on seen after making me curious. I wanted to ask again, but that would make it seem that I was excited about whoever he was referring to. And if I was being honest, I didn't care whether Taehyung was lying or not.

Namjoon was such a nice man.

That was enough for now.

Just when I thought Taehyung wouldn't come to our daily routine (sharing of snacks), his presence surprised me as he set the food on the table, discussing things that I was least interested in; where he bought them and how much they cost. For the past few months, I grew accustomed to his breath-of-fresh-air personality; something that felt light in my heart even on days that I was feeling under the weather. I was just so grateful that we had slowly formed this bond between us, and now that Taehyung recognized the fact that we were already friends, this might actually be the chance to entrust portions of my life to him.

But how long would this last?

Was there a guarantee that I could have someone like him in my life for a long time? Thinking of the possibilities was terrifying because I had to admit that this kind of relationship was a thing I had become gradually emotionally attached to even without saying it out loud. I want real friends.

"Why are you not eating? Do you like anything else? But you have to at least thank me that I finally got to share expensive food this time," Taehyung commented when he noticed I was barely touching any of what he offered.

I rolled my eyes and picked the chocolate milk drink. He seemed satisfied as he tore another potato snack open, leaning back in the chair while he had his leg crossed over the other. I had to appreciate how extra handsome he appeared today with his hair slicked back, exposing his forehead. I could only imagine if we were a couple (I would want him to date me had I developed a crush on him but nope), we would totally look like a perfect match. I mean, I was really pretty based on my standards.