2

Chapter 2

𝑃𝐴𝑅𝐾 𝑆𝑂𝑂𝐻𝑌𝑈𝑁

I was sitting out in the back garden facing my laptop when I saw my twin brother approaching with a bowl of instant noodles. He pulled out the chair across from me and glanced at my face, looking genuinely curious. "First day sucked?" Jimin asked as he disgustingly slurped his noodles, liquid dripping down to his chin. He wiped it off with the back of his hand.

"Sort of," I said, grimacing. I didn't want to tell him how annoyed I was, but I needed to vent. Only that my brother wasn't the best confidant I could have in this house. Normally he would laugh at me if I told him how embarrassing my day went. I was starting to believe he loved it when I dealt with mishaps. More specifically, my non-existent luck with my first love.

I knitted my brows together when I remembered him again.

When Dr. Jeon suggested a handshake, I struggled to process the situation, looking down at his hand peculiarly because I was feeling so weird myself. I imagined it way many times before and now it was finally happening. It took me a few more seconds before I pushed my way out of my reverie. I made a squeal in my head the moment our hands held. This was my freaking first time I almost didn't want to let go. I touched Jeon Jungkook's hand!

"That's great to hear. Welcome to Severance Hospital." He offered me a small smile while I studied his face. I waited to see a sign of recognition in his expression but I failed. How could this happen? Was he faking it?

"Thank you. I know you, actually." I sounded confident. If ever he didn't recognize me at first, he definitely would now.

He raised his brows. "Oh? Have we met before?"

"We were in the same batch. In fact, we went to the same medical school." There. I expected for him to smile, apologize for not remembering me as soon as he could, tell me I'd grown more beautiful than I ever was, and ask how life went for me.

Tilting his head to one side, he looked conflicted. His hand reached for the back of his head and scratched. I knew what was coming next. I fumed inside. "I don't really remember, my bad... I have a terrible memory. I hope that didn't offend you or anything."

I put on a sweet smile and held my head high to mask my embarrassment. "No, of course not."

It did! It mattered a lot to me that I ended up sulking for the whole day. Jeon Jungkook was unbelievable!

"Were the doctors rude to you?" Jimin inquired again.

I shook my head, although there were a few residents in my team whom I suspected that were infuriated with me. They were probably insecure of how I looked. Well, I couldn't blame them. Frankly, I would seethe in jealousy, too.

"Then, what happened?"

I rolled my eyes. "You'll make fun of me."

"I promise not to do that. Was it embarrassing?"

"He couldn't remember me."

Jimin stopped moving and stared at me blankly. "Who the hell are you talking about?"

"Who else would it be, duh?"

I sensed it was a wrong decision to spill it out when his lips curled into a lopsided grin. "Ah, I get it. The reason why you transferred hospitals."

My eyes dilated in surprise and annoyance. "Excuse me? He wasn't the reason. I never said that. For your information, I've been wanting to practice in Severance Hospital for so long and I had the perfect opportunity when a colleague told me there was a vacancy."