32

Chapter 32

PARK SOOHYUN

"Tell me, did I scare you before?" I asked Jungkook as we were staying inside Uptown Café, secretly admiring the discovery that Jungkook liked it when I put a hand on his lower back while we sat next to each other for breakfast. We made sure to meet up every early morning in the hospital before starting our day so we could talk for a while. We acted around each other just about the same. Jungkook and I talked like friends at work although I was certain people who knew us had an idea what changed, and we weren't really obligated to tell anyone we were already dating. A few had dared to ask. Taehyung wasn't a bit bothered about the shift in our relationship and I would feel bad to make him feel out of place. Jungkook liked to keep quiet about everything, but he didn't shy away from showing affection in front of colleagues.

Jungkook seemed to wonder as he reached up his face, scratching the space between his eyebrows. "You mean, when you were acting obsessive and bratty about me not liking you—"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, so I did really scare you." I groaned and continued, "I'm really sorry. Thinking about it still makes me want to kill myself."

Jungkook frowned, turning away as he sighed. "Jesus, the stuff you say..."

"You could tell I was out of my mind then," I said, feeling as if I was sinking deeper into my seat.

"I admit that situation isn't something we can laugh about, but we started over, right?"

"You still can't make me forget it. I was really shameless. Like... what was wrong with me?"

Jungkook snickered, glancing at me. "Hey, calm down. I would have also changed the way we started if I could but it's simply not possible. And it doesn't matter anymore." His gaze fell on his phone on the table and said, "I can't stay very long."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's okay. I also need to check a lot of things Doctor Kim has told me to do."

As we left the coffee shop, Jungkook took my hand and closed his around mine, feeling the warmth of his grasp. The air was frozen on my skin as I adjusted my winter coat, walking down the hallways toward the other side of the floor. Jungkook had his eyes on his phone and I watched him crack a smile at something he read on the screen.

I got curious and asked what it was about. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, quickly swiping a finger across the screen before he kept his phone back into his pocket. He was still wearing a small grin. "A company DMed me on Instagram, offering sort of a funny deal."

"What is it?"

"They asked me if I'd be willing to model for their underwear brand. For their ads." Jungkook looked flustered when he set his gaze down.

I laughed, amused at the proposition. I knew he made a few local brand endorsements and modelling even in college but I didn't know he received offers like this. Not that it was weird, but I couldn't imagine him sporting only a skimpy piece of clothing. "You could probably ask them not to show your face. Perhaps only half of your body."

Jungkook turned to me, a gleam of entertainment in his eyes. "You mean a close shot of my middle part? I'd be frantic. I would have to work up some fucking courage to pose in front of strangers with that."

"I bet you'd look great."

"You really want to see me naked. Just ask."

I bumped my shoulder against his. "Shut up."

"I'm serious. All you need is to ask and I'll show you."

I said, "Come on. You're not funny."

"I know, baby."