Chapter 13: Night Two: 4 a.m.

Ashton

I stare blankly at a wall, holding multiple napkins at my steadily bleeding biceps and shoulders. The wounds are starting to throb and sting really bad, I hope I'm not going to get an infection from Foxy's claws.

My eyes are heavy, my body weak, sleep is falling over me. I lean back in the desk chair, desperately trying to focus on something in order to stay awake. Failing to do so, my hand falls from my shoulder as I fall into sleep.

---
"YAY! ITS FOXY!"

My eyes flutter open, still heavy, taking in the scene before me. Kids wearing party hats, eating cake as they jump up and down. Parents clap at me, seeming to cheer me on, pointing for their kids to gawk at me. I try to gasp, nothing comes out. Nothing, except a voice that is not my own.

"Ahoy, ya salty sea pirates! Ready to join me pirate crew?" I feel my jaw open and close, but I'm not saying those words.

The children scream in delight, one little boy running up and hugging my leg. Wait...my leg!

It's a peg leg! A peg leg covered in red fabric, a few wires sticking out of the foot.

No...

My eyes widen. I can't be trapped inside Foxy! This cant be happening!

"Help, please let me out!" I try to plea. My voice goes unheard, as more children yell at me for entertainment.

I black out for a few moments, the voices of the children still ringing in my ears.

When my sight is returned, I'm behind purple curtains. Pirate Cove's curtains. I hear a creak as I turn my head to look around, seeing nothing, my feet move automatically forward.

"Please help me!" I try to cry out once more, only a squeak escaping the Fox's jaws.

I'm blinded by bright light and deafened by the screaming of the children once more.

"Please...Please..." I beg silently.

"Remember to exercise caution when playing in my Cove, kiddies!" Foxy's, or I suppose, my voice warns.

Then, I black out again.

When my eyes opened again, things are different...much different.

The happy cheers of children aren't heard, in fact I don't hear anything at all. I turn my head again, now hearing the creaking noise. I stop.

Staring back at me is a man in purple...smiling.

"I know yo-" my feet unwillingly move out from the stage again.

I fight back a scream and the urge to vomit. All those kids. Every. Single. One. They're all dead, laying in their own blood. There's no cheering, no clapping, no nothing.

As I stand there, horrified at the scene before me, suddenly my vision turns to static. I jump as a cold hand grips my shoulder, an evil voice hissing two words in my ear: "It's me..."
---

"Ashton! Mate, you gotta wake up!" Luke's desperate voice pulls me back into reality.

I finally let out a gasp, sucking air into my lungs as my eyes shoot open, looking around wildly.

"Oh, thank the Lord." Luke clutches his chest.

"Ashton, we thought you were having a seizure!" Michael pants.

I realize that I'm on the cold floor, arms curled around myself and shivering terribly. Looking up at the boys, I try to speak, but my throat burns so bad that tears form in my eyes from the pain it brings.

"Ashton?" Luke bites his lip, seeming to be terrified of me.

I sit up, yelping at the stiffness in my lower back. As the boys protest, I walk over to the desk and grab a pen and pad of paper in my shaky hands. That dream was too remembered to be just a dream, it had to be more.

Taking the pen, I scrawl out a poorly written message to them, since I can't seem to find my voice:

"I was Foxy."

I'm met with a puzzled expression from the three of them. They all look at me like I've gone completely mental. I roll my eyes and write something else.

"I had a really creepy dream, I was Foxy."

More confused looks.

I sigh and tear out that paper, starting on a new one.

"It was like I was seeing through his eyes..." I gulp before continuing, "I saw dead kids, I couldn't speak...I was trapped...inside of him."

Luke turns pale, Michael's jaw drops, and Calum looks like he may faint.

"Dude...this is like what happened to me..." Michael whispers.

I nod, slowly. I wish I knew what was going on, and why. I'm so confused and scared, and we're bound by a contract to stay here.

I look down at my scratches, feeling sick as I glance at the deep red wounds. The blood has dried but they still burn and throb, I sigh, picking my shirt off the floor and tugging it back on.

"Ash, you okay?" Luke asks in a tiny voice,

I shake my head no, actually feeling like I may collapse. My throat is tight, my knees wobbly, my hands are clammy. Feeling my stomach twist, I run to the garbage and empty my stomach, shaking violently.

"Ughhhh." I groan, throat burning.

I feel a hand rub my back as I throw up for a few minutes. Calum obviously feels bad, even though I look insane.

"C-check the m-music box..." I croak when I finally finish.

Nodding quickly, Cal grabs the tablet and winds it. I sigh, not wanting to worry about that for a while.

"This sucks." Michael says after a few minutes of silence, "It's only night two."

"No kidding." Luke stares at one of the pictures, squinting.

"What is it?" Michael asks, standing up to meet the same picture with his gaze.

Luke walks over to the picture, taking it down carefully, looking it over closely. His eyes narrow the longer he looks at the drawing.

"Luke?" Calum walks over to Luke's other side, me shortly following after.

"Does this remind you of someone?" He hisses.

He jabs his finger at the center of the picture, where a man in purple is giving cake to a child. The text reads "The nice security guard gave me cake." There's no denying that that man is Vincent.

That man may be the man that we keep seeing, we'll have to keep searching around to find out for sure. Vincent may be more of a threat than we thought.

"I knew he was trouble." Michael growls.

"We have no proof that he did anything though." Calum points out.

"For now, let's keep a close eye on our friend Vincent. Maybe we'll find out what he's up to." Luke nods curtly, wadding the drawing in a ball and chucking it in the trash.

✖️✖️✖️
Just so you know, ash was seeing what the dead childs spirit would see, if that wasn't clear:)