Chapter 19: Night Three: 3 a.m.

Adorable Muke+Foxy fanart by @mukeclemmo :) I love it so freaking much x ^^

Oh and audio is fun to listen to:)
--

Mike

"Michael! Michael Gordon Clifford, wake up!"

Opening my eyes wide, I realize I'm on the floor, huddled in a tight ball. I sit myself up, only to be wrapped in someone's arms, very tightly.

"Michael, never scream like that again...never." Luke whimpers, burying his face in the crook of my neck. His cheeks are hot and wet with tears.

I hug him back, very hesitantly with shaky arms.

"Y-You're alive..." I whisper, "You're alive."

"What are you talking about? O-of course I am." He pulls back, looking at me sorrowfully.

I look around, finding Ashton and Calum staring at me like I've lost my mind. Tears well up in my eyes. Maybe I do believe now...

"Y-you think I'm crazy..." I whisper hoarsly.

"N-no we don't Mike." Luke protests, acting like a younger brother.

"Hey, Luke, give him some space..."
Ashton says calmly, helping Luke to his feet.

I don't get up. I feel like my life has been drained out of me. The room seems darker, the noises are louder. My world has become the nightmare.

"Mike," Ashton bends down to my level, "please tell us what happened. We're in this together."

Desperation filling my eyes, I look up at him, still not able to get the image of his dead hazel eyes staring at me. He frowns, placing a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"Y-You were dead..." my Adam's apple bobs up and down as I swallow hard, "All of you..."

Ashton takes a deep breath.

"It's okay, mate. We're okay. Where were you? What else did you see?" He asks calmly.

"U-um, well. I guess I was inside the um, Freddy suit." I swallow hard again, "I was on stage, but the robots weren't broken, they weren't the toy ones either though."

Ashton narrows his eyes in confusion, sitting down next to me.

"What else?"

"I saw...I saw the puppet." I whisper.

Ashton looks up at Calum and Luke, they blink in response. Ashton looks back down at me.

"The," he coughs, "the one from the prize counter?"

I nod quickly, shivering at the mention of the thing.

"What did it do to you, in the dream?" Luke inquire.

"He kept yelling: "save them, save them"...I saw ghosts of dead children in the halls, I saw you four, dead at my feet and covered in blood. He told me to give you life...h-he..." my voice cracks as I hide my face in my hands.

"He what?" Ashton whispers.

"H-He stuffed you into suits...I felt so sick....then this purple thing jumps about of nowhere and kills me!" I croak.

"Purple thing? Like purple uniform thing?" Luke asks in a suspicious tone.

"W-What?"

"Who do we know who has a purple uniform? This, all of this, is leading up to Vincent." Luke furrows his brows.

"When I took this job, I didn't expect to put my life on the line. I did not want to get caught up in a murder mystery." Ashton huffs, folding his hands over his chest.