Chapter 27: Night Four: 4 a.m.

AWESOME FANART BY @Here-Yee-Here-Yee THANKS SO MUCH X I HOPE IT SHOWS UP
-

Luke

"They say death is more painful for those left behind, but these kids seem to be in a lot of pain to me." I whisper tiredly to my friends.

"They're just pour little souls. They don't really have control over any thing." Ashton shrugs, "Which is why we need to help them."

"Shoot, the music box!" Michael cries, interrupting us and practically diving on the table to get the tablet and fix the timer.

"What did that Gabe kid say his name was? The puppet's soul?" Cal inquires, looking over Michael's shoulder.

"I think it was Mark. I'm assuming he's like the king of this place, based on how they talked about him." I answer, my blue eyes flickering towards a vent. I could have sworn I heard something.

"I'd rather not meet him until we desperately need him." Michael says in a concentrated tone, "Oh, and Toy Bonnie is in the vent."

"And back to the masks." Ashton groans.

I walk with the boys to the back of the room and grab the Chica mask and pull it on. I get a weird feeling as I do so, like a bad weird. I shrug the sickly feeling off and sit down, waiting for the baby blue tin can to leave.

Once he does, the four of us take off the masks and look at each other. Ashton is the first to stand and walk back over to the desk. He picks up the tablet and again winds the box.

"What if this puppet is like that one nightmare I told you guys about a few months ago?" He says in a small voice.

"Wait, what one?" I ask.

Ashton had frequent nightmares, very very vivid ones might I add. And I'm fairly certain this job won't help with that. But I'll tell you one thing, his nightmares paint really creepy stories.
Sometimes I wonder how the heck his brain came up with them.

"The Jack-in-the-box one." He replies.

"Oh, Laughing Jack?" I shudder, that one was morbid. Ashton didn't sleep for days after he had that dream.

Ashton nods.

"I certainly don't want to meet someone who's going to cut my insides open before my eyes." He grimaces, "All music boxes remind me of that nightmare now."

"Hey, but on the bright side, you said he only did that to lonely kids right?" I remembered that specific detail because it's the only part that actually helped me fall asleep. I wasn't lonely so according to Ashton, I'd be safe.

"True, but I don't know." He shrugs,"I don't want to talk about that anymore."

I swear, Ashton's nightmares would make killer scary stories if we told anyone else about them.

"I thought your nightmares weren't as bad anymore." Michael raises a brow.

"They weren't. But after this week, I'm expecting the worst." He looks up at Michael.

"I think we'll all have nightmares after this week, Ash." Calum chuckles weakly.

Ashton nods slowly with a tired sigh, running his fingers through his curly hair. He definitely looks better now that his wounds were stitched up. Color has returned to his face, and he is able to hold his head up easily now.

But he still looks deathly tired, as with all of us. Michael looks like even the slightest thing could set him off, angry at everything and nothing. Calum sighs,shaking his head before heading over to the right vent. I then start picking up the tablet and turning it on.