Chapter 30: Night Five: 12 a.m.

Super cute fanart by @xmoaningmukex THANK YOU

And a little markiplier singing to brighten your day above or to the side
:3
-

Michael

"Luke didn't call us." I speak up suddenly.

The three of us are making our way back to the pizzeria after a few much needed hours of sleep. The others didn't seem to notice that Luke didn't call or anything, even when he said he would.

"Relax, Michael, he probably fell asleep as soon as he got home. We'll see him in a few minutes anyway." Calum shrugs, but I can tell he's low-key worried about Luke too.

It's finally taken a break from raining, however it's still cold, and very dark out. A chiming church tower in the distance loudly reminds us that it's midnight. Some where, a dog barks as a warning to something to stay far away. The street lamps flicker dimly and we stay silent as we approach the pizzeria.

I take one last look over my shoulder before I head inside with the others. No one speaks as we pass the show stage, passing Toy Bonnie, Chica, and Freddy. I glare at them as I walk by, keeping my eyes fixed on them. But, I soon jerk my head back forward when Freddy's eyes turn to look right into mine.

I suppose I wasn't paying very good attention though, because as we reached the office, Calum and Ashton suddenly stopped short and I ran straight into the back of Ashton.

"Hey, what's the big id-!"

"Shh!" Ashton hisses in a whisper, pointing to inside the office.

I give him a strange look but push past him so I can see what he's so worked up over. My eyes widen and soften a little when I see Luke huddled in a corner, barricading himself with the desk in front of him. I can see a faint light, illuminating half of his face, making me assume he's holding the tablet and watching it like a hawk.

He doesn't seem to notice me as I walk over and lightly tap on the desk to get his attention. When I do so, I swear Luke jumps twenty feet in the air in fright.

"Woah, woah, Luke it's me." I help him stand up, taking his hand and pulling him up. What's surprising is the fact that Luke is shaking terribly.

"I-I know, sorry." He apologizes in a small voice, not really looking at me directly.

"Luke, are you okay?" Calum says from behind me, Ashton and he walking up to us.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I'm okay." Luke smiles a way too cheesy smile, but then he winces, as if smiling hurt him.

"Luke?" Ashton speaks up in a suspicious voice, pushing past me and directly facing Luke.

"Uh...yes?" His blue eyes are huge and bloodshot, almost like he didn't sleep one wink.

"Turn your head." Ashton demands calmly, looking Luke over carefully.

"W-What?" Luke stammers, as his already tired eyes widen.

"I said, turn your head." Ashton repeats.

Luke winces, looking in pain as he turns his head to the right, revealing his left cheek to us. The three of us stand there, quite shocked to see a long and fresh gash on his cheek, stretching from below his eye to his mouth almost. That will definitely scar on Luke's skin forever.

"I fell on the sidewalk." Luke says in a bored voice before any of us could ask any thing.

"No, you didn't." I retort. There's no way he got a perfect linear gash like that by falling.

"Y-Yes, I did." Luke insists in a shaky voice, still not able to look at me directly.

"Luke, please don't lie to us." Calum shakes his head with a sigh.

"I-I'm not l-lying, I-!"

Luke's sputtering excuses are cut off by the shrill ringing of the phone from the desk. Great, just what we needed. That's sarcasm by the way.

Ashton sighs angrily and walks over to the desk, picking up the phone and putting it on speaker for us. The rest of us walk over and gather around him.

"Hello? Hello?" Phone guy answers the same way he always has.

"You're a little late tonight, dude." I mutter under my breath but phone guy doesn't seem to hear me. Either that, or he's ignoring me.

"Good job, night five, wow..." he sounds preoccupied with something else over the phone, "Hey, uh, keep a close eye on things tonight, okay?"

"Why? Has something happened?" I demand with wide eyes.

"Uh, from what I understand the building is on lockdown? No one's allowed in or out, you know..." He clears his throat.

The four of us exchange glances nervously. What could have happened to make this place go on lockdown. Part of me doesn't really want to know at all.

"Especially concerning any...previous employees." Phone guy's tone lowers volume on that last part, "When we get it all sorted out, we may move you guys to the day shift. The position just became...available..."

"Sweet!" Calum laughs, "No more nightmares!"

"Uh, yeah! We don't have a replacement for your shift yet but we're working on it." He tells us, "We're gonna try and contact the original restaurant owner...I think the name of the place was...Fredbear's Family Diner...? Or something like that."

That's the place we'd heard about before. What would they know? Who got fired, and what for? Have there been more murders?

"I thought they were unreachable?" Ashton questioned curiously.

"Yeah, they've been closed for years, so I doubt we'll be able to track any body down..." He agrees.

"I hope it all works out, I guess..." Luke shrugs awkwardly, trying to be of some kind of help.

"So, just get through, at least, one more night. Hang in there! Uh, good night!" And he hangs up the phone.

There is an obvious nervous tension in the room after that call. And I can guarantee that none of us feel remotely safe.

"Luke." I say, turning back to face him, "What happened to your face?"

"Mikey, please j-just drop it okay. I'm fine, it's just a s-scratch." He seems really scared of something. Of what, I don't know exactly.

"I just hate feeling like you're lying to me." I shrug, sighing, "But...if you are okay, that's all I really care about in the end."

Luke just nods, hiding his face a little. He seems mortified and embarrased as well as scared.

"I promise, I-I'm okay..." He assures me, although his quiet tone tells me otherwise.

-

Vincent

Someone caught me tampering with robots. I don't know how, I mean, I was very careful. But, they fired me on the spot. Not like that bothers me, I knew I would get fired one day.

I'm just glad it wasn't because I was caught murdering those kids.

I can pass messing with the animatronics as "trying to fix them." I cannot pass off murder with any logical reason.

Being fired will make me more careful, though. Now I'm going to have to sneak in to take care of those stupid teenagers.

I just hope blondie learned his lesson this morning. Because, if he didn't, my knife can certainly cut much, much deeper...

-
SORRY IF THIS IS BAD I AM RUSHING BECAUSE IM LEAVING FOR ABOUT A WEEK

So, FNAF 4 came out wayyyyyy earlier than it was supposed to, I mean, Scott wyd???

The theories in my mind are all screwy now, so I'm just going to ignore FNAF 4 and continue with 1+2 lore and some of three's lore for this book. I hope that works out well.

Oh and a question: where/how did you guys find out about this book? :3

Another question: theories on FNAF four and how it all connects? I'm kinda curious to see what everyone thinks!