Chapter 21: Night Three: 5 a.m.

^SUPER AWESOME FANART BY cyberspaces THANKS SO MUCH MATE :^) Hope it shows up!!!
-
Luke

"Ashton?" I say quietly after Chica had left, "How are you feeling?"

Ashton lifts his head slowly, pulling off his mask, wincing while doing so. His dull hazel eyes look up at me, pained and tired.

"F-fine," he croaks, "here, Luke, help me up."

I take Ashton's shaky hand and pull him to his feet. He holds onto me for support as he falters and wobbles a bit. He slowly takes off what is left of his shirt, the material sticking to the nasty wound. It's worse, much worse.

"It hurts, Luke." He says weakly, "It's not a normal pain..."

It doesn't look normal either. It's much more red and inflamed than before. It's more open and bleeding, probably from the stress of him moving.

"It's okay, Ash. W-We'll get you into a hospital soon. We get to leave in an hour." I stammer, trying to hide my worry.

"I know...I'll be okay...I'll get fixed up and be back here in no time." He sighs weakly.

"Okay Ash, I'm here if you need anything." I nod, picking up the tablet before joining Calum and Michael by the door.

"Anything up?" I ask, looking at the big steel door.

"Freddy's on the other side." Michael sighs, rolling his eyes, "Here, listen."

He presses his ear to the door, and I do the same. Very very faintly, I can hear the same creepy song Freddy plays when he moves. Footsteps can also be heard every so often.

"There's something else though." Calum pipes up with furrowed brows.

"What?"

"He was laughing. But it wasn't the same." Calum tells me, his voice sounding confused.

"How was it not the same?" I ask, still listening.

"It was...I don't know, um, higher pitched or something." He shrugs, shoving his hands in his hoodie pockets.

"Higher pitched? What, like his voice box short circuited?" Mike inquires, furrowing his own brows.

Calum shakes his head.

"I don't know...it almost sounded like he wasn't Freddy at all..." He says in a small voice.

I scratch my head, thinking about all this. The only real way to see if it was Freddy is to see it with our own eyes.

"Hey, Mike. Why don't you open the door?" I turn my head to look at him.

Michael's jaw drops, giving me the "are you insane?!" look. I nod slowly, I know what I'm doing.

I think.

Michael puffs out a breath and presses the button. The door slides up, exposing the office to any dangers outside of it. When the door is all the way open, the three of us peek our heads out, one by one.

"There's nothing even out here." Michael scoffs, rolling his eyes at the vacant hall.

"Wait, Mike. I see something." Calum squints, "I can't tell what it is though..."

"Hand me the flashlight." I say quickly, holding a hand out behind me.

Michael places the cold metal in my hand. I switch it on and aim the light down the dark hallway. My eyes widen then squint at what becomes illuminated.