Chapter 28: Night Four: 5 a.m.

I love this fanart by @GwynCatWeber, it's from so long ago in the book and I just love it! Thank youuuuu x HOPE IT SHOWS UP!

PLEASE PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!!
-

Michael

I groan in annoyance when another rain drop hits me as it comes through the ceiling. Ever since it started pouring rain, my hair has just been getting wetter and wetter. It's starting to get on my nerves.

"Isn't there something we can use to catch the water?" I whine, moving away from my spot for the fifth time.

"Just open your big mouth." Calum snickers, playing with one of the squirt bottles, which then happens to spit water at my face.

I glare at him, totally not amused. I'm just getting more and more pissed off actually, so I'm glad that there's only one freaking hour left. If there was a minute longer I think I'd go crazy.

"Not funny, Cal." I roll my eyes before yet another drop drips down on top of me, "I'm gonna lose it."

Calum laughs at that, so much so that he ends up lying on the floor by the right vent, only stopping when he runs out of breath and says, "Oh Lord, I'm tired..."

"Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't have laughed so hard at something that wasn't that funny." Ashton smirks at Calum, fixing his hair so it's out of his eyes.

"Shut up, Ashton. I haven't slept for days." Calum whines, flicking the lights off and on for the vents.

"None of us have really, Calum." I sigh, picking up the tablet to stop the music box before it's too late.

"Ahem," Calum clears his throat, "Obviously Luke has." He says, pointing at the blonde who has his face hidden in his arms that are folded across the desk.

I smirk mischeivously to myself, knowing I can't just let Luke sleep on the job like this. I reach my hand out towards Calum, still looking at Luke while he sleeps.

"Cal? Hand me that spray bottle." I chuckle.

Calum appears confused at first. Then, a look of understanding crosses his face and he snickers, tossing me the water bottle. Ashton has now taken notice and looks over at me, curious as to what I'm doing.

I point the spray at Luke and quickly drench his head in cold water, causing him to shoot awake with a small squeak of surprise. He stands instantly and darts his wide blue eyes over towards the three of us, who are laughing hysterically.

Luke's eyes furrow together when he sees the water bottle in my hand, but it's hard to be intimidated when his blonde hair is sticking to his forehead and dripping water in to the floor.

"Guys," Luke whines, "That's not funny. I was finally sleeping..."

"Too bad, lazy. No sleeping on the job." I snicker jokingly.

"I hate you." He snaps.

"Love you too, man." I chuckle, setting the water down.

"I'll get you back." He warns, now slightly smiling, his hair still wet.

"Oh, I'm sure you will." I say sarcastically, sitting down in the office chair.

Things seemed to be okay for a minute, until Calum said something that made my heart stop.

"Um, guys...the vent lights aren't working." Calum says in a small, slightly nervous voice.

"What do you mean they aren't working? I thought the only thing that could run out of power was the stupid flashlight." Ashton asks in confusion.