Chapter 16: Night Three: 12 a.m.

Michael

The cold wind bites at my exposed skin as I head to the pizzeria. Brushing my hair out of my eyes, I look up at the sign above me. I shiver, even the wooden cutouts seem to stare down at me with an evil look.

Working up my courage, I pull open the door. Unfortunately, someone from the inside opens the door next to me at the same time.

"Ah, Michael isn't it?" A dark voice chuckles.

Closing my eyes to compose myself, I turn towards Vincent with annoyance.

"Yes, sir." I nod slowly.

He smirks, his eyes almost glowing in the dark. Leaning against the side of the building, he folds his arms over his chest before speaking again.

"Those things get pretty scary at night, don't they?" He chuckles, jutting a thumb towards the building.

"Uh huh...scary." I half heartedly agree, still not sure why he paused to talk to me.

Vincent looks inside the glass doors of the restaurant scanning around before trailing his eyes back to me.

"Listen Michael," he sighs, "I like you guys, I really do. What I don't like, however, is when people mess with stuff in my desk."

My stomach tightens. Swallowing down my obvious guilt, I clear my throat.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir." I spit back.

Vincent narrows his eyes at me.

"I like my privacy Michael, I'm sure you understand that." His voice is deep and full of authority, "If I see any more of my papers in the wrong spot, neither one of us will be happy. And you make sure to tell your little...pals that too."

"Or what?" I dare to defy him, immediately regretting it.

He smiles at me, not kindly, an evil and malicious smile.

"You know, there's a suit in the back. A gigantic yellow bunny I think it is?" He chuckles darkly, "Maybe you should try that on for size."

What yellow bunny? Luke said he saw a yellow bear, he didn't say anything about a bunny. And I never saw anything of the sort on any camera. Is there a hidden back room? I'm going to have to investigate when Luke and I come back here alone.

"What suit?" I demand.

Vincent never answers, he just turns on heel and goes in the opposite direction, whistling something that sounds a lot like Freddy's little march.

I stare after him for a long moment, watching him disappear into the night. I look up at the cloudy sky, wondering what will happen tonight.

Sucking in a breath, I reach for the door, and make a break for the office. I dart past the tables, Pirate Cove, the Show Stage, and down the long dark hallway.

I bend over my knees to catch my breath when I reach the entrance to the office. Suddenly, a cold hand grips my shoulder, causing me to jump and screech a little.

"Ah!" I whip around, preparing myself for Bonnie or something. Only Ashton stares back at me.

"Woah, Mike, it's just me. You look like you've seen a ghost!" He gives me a confused look.

"I...uh...Vincent...outside." I gasp in between breathes, clutching my chest to calm down my heart.

"Vincent?" Luke's voice calls from behind me, making me whip around again.

"Yeah. H-he doesn't want us going through his crap any more." I swallow.

"What's he gonna do about it?" Calum scoffs, coming into view from the hallway.