Chapter 41: Night Seven: 2-6 a.m.

This incredible fanart was made by @My_Little_Ashton it's so amazing I can't even handle it. (Her tumblr is drawasaur)

Please listen to audio while you read X
-

Ashton

I opened my eyes instantly with a sharp intake of breath. I was lying on my back, still in the prize room. As my eyes adjusted to the low light again, I see Calum, crumpled in a ball and coughing as wakes up.

I realize we don't have much time to recover. My heart drops when I see the man in the violet suit standing above us with a long, curved, and bloodstained knife.

"Finally, now I can get the party started." He sneers, raising the knife above his head in preparation to strike.

My eyes widen double their size, and without thinking twice, I act. I kick both my legs out at his knees, causing him to crumple to the floor with a yell. I stand up, adrenaline rushing through me, as I bend down and pull Calum to his feet.

"Come on!" I hiss at him, grabbing my baseball bat and rushing out the door with him close behind. But he's limping, he must have hurt it when we passed out.

Before we could even think of making it into the maze of party rooms we ran into a problem. A mangled pink and white problem.

Mangle drops down from the ceiling in front of us, her one yellow eye glowing in hatred. A swear I hear a low metallic growl erupt from its gaping jaws. I back up very slowly away from it, Cal soon mimicking my movements.

"YOU CAN'T!" Mangle screeches, it's claws gripping the checkered tiles beneath our feet as she creeps towards us.

I swing my bat at full force at her, but she ducks causing me to miss. Before I can take another swing, she pounces on me, her claws catching my bicep and shirt sleeve. I let out a cry of pain before swinging a third time and hitting her in the face, knocking her to the nearest wall.

I quickly glance at my arm, it's slowly oozing crimson blood, but that's not my biggest concern.

"Ash!" Calum squeaks, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Calum, we have to keep moving or he'll find us." I hiss, my bicep stinging in pain as I rush into the nearest of the party rooms, stopping short when I see mangled Foxy snarling at us, "Really, again?"

I grip my bat tightly as Foxy makes a step towards us, my eyes narrowed as Calum watches for anything behind us. I swing my bat when he pounces, the strain hurting my injured arm a little, but I'm rewarded when Foxy staggers back as the bat hits him in the chest.

"Ash, come on let's go!" Calum whisper shouts, pulling on my good arm to the next room, limping as fast as he can.

We are almost to the main party room, only another hall and party room separating us. My plan is to make it to the safe room behind the stage and hope for the best.

This room is unsettling because it's vacant. I strain my ears to hear anything, but I hear nothing. I glance at Cal, who jerks his head towards the hall and I nod, leading the way.

I wish I had brought a flashlight, these dark hallways are really messing with my vision. In fact, I keep seeing shadows that belong to nothing, and its freaking me out even more.