Chapter 42: Relief

Really really well done fanart by @my-chemichael-muke THANK YOU

Please listen to audio...jk you might cry like I did XD
-

Ashton

My eyes grow wide when Luke and Mike started coughing and struggling. I rush to them as fast as I can, kneeling beside Luke as Calum goes to Michael's side.

"A-Ash...?" Luke coughs, his mouth dripping blood a little, "Wh-, ow, what h-happened?"

He's pale, and obviously in pain and shock, a thin layer of sweat glossing over his forehead. My stomach twists, I never should have let them come here alone.

"We beat him..." I whisper softly, smiling weakly, looking back at the six small spirits.

Luke trails his dull blue eyes to the group of ghosts, and blinks, before wincing and closing his eyes again. Obviously even the smallest movement is slowly killing him.

Suddenly, I feel a small tug on my shirt, so I look down. I see the small figures of Cynthia and Bailey, their eyes sad and huge as they look from me then back towards Luke and Michael.

I stand up, and Calum does the same as the two girls step closer to them, their hands folded over their bloodstained clothing.

"Lukey..." Cynthia whimpers, kneeling down by Luke and wrapping her transparent arms around his neck, which doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort, "You pinkie promised..."

Luke looks down at her, sadness filling his eyes.

"I tried Cynthia, I'm s-so sorry." He whispers hoarsely

"Don't talk like that." She demands sharply, her small voice echoing in the room, as myself, Cal, and the other ghosts watch.

"Like w-what?"

"Like you're going to die." She says, her small arms still wrapped around him, a single tear falling down her glowing cheek.

Meanwhile, Bailey wasn't in a much better shape with Michael.

She sat on his lap, or rather Bonnie's lap, obvious tears in her eyes, talking in a very very soft voice to him. Of course Michael was trying to tough it out for her.

"I-It doesn't really hurt that bad..."  He chuckles weakly, before coughing harshly and cursing.

"I think that's a bad word, Michael..." Bailey whispers, playing with her fingers.

"I say lots of b-bad words." He chuckles again, smiling very weakly at her.

"Do you still have my Bonnie doll?" Bailey looks up at him with big violet eyes.

Michael manages to nod once before wincing again and stilling his movements.

I glance over at Cal, who's focused on them, his gaze sad, hating to see his best friends suffering. I wish we knew how to help them, buy what can we do? If we were to pull them out, they could get even more hurt.

"I know a way to get you out..." Cynthia suddenly squeaks, as if reading my mind, but her voice is dripping with sadness.

Luke manages to raise a brow, looking down at the ghostly girl.

"You d-do...?" He asks softly.

"Yeah," Bailey suddenly pipes up from next to Luke, "I know too...but..."

Now Michael raises a brow, watching as Bailey sits back down in a defeated way.

"We won't see you again if we do." Cynthia looks up, her eyes watery.