Chapter 38: Night Six: 3-6 a.m.

Calum and Frank fanart by @VictonieCresta012 IT's SO CUTE IM CRYING

These next few chapters have audio that inspired the chapters they're with, so listen if you'd like (: ^^
-

Luke

"Keep going!" Michael screams from behind me, the fear blatantly obvious in his voice.

Short panting breaths escape my mouth, my eyes wide open as I try to look everywhere at once for any threat. Adrenaline rushes through me as we dash towards the main exit. A strong sense of sweet relief fills me when I see the door.

I leap over a sheet counter, not caring as I knock over and break some glass cups. As soon as my feet touch the ground I sprint the remainder of the way to the door, Michael directly behind me.

We both throw our bodies against the door handles, pushing as hard as possible. My heart drops when neither door slightly budges at all.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" Michael hisses, ramming his shoulder into the door over and over.

"We don't have time for this!" I whisper-shout, "He locked us in, let's just go!"

I make a break for the hall opposite of us, the only sound being those of our running footsteps. I don't know if that's a comforting thing or a bone chillingly bad thing.

"Where is he?!" Michael hisses under his breath, nervously turning his flashlight on to help us see.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out..." I whisper, sweat running down my forehead and sticking my blonde hair to my face.

From the corner of my eye, I see Michael fiddling with something in his hoodie pocket. I furrow my brows at him.

"What are you doing?" I raise a brow at him.

His pale green eyes turn dark as he looks up at me, causing me to gulp and brace myself. He looks down at his pocket again and slowly pulls out a pocket knife, it opened and ready for defence.

"If anything goes wrong," his tone is low and deadly serious, "you run, understand me?"

I nod, hoping it won't come to that. I can't leave Michael behind. I won't leave Michael behind. I promised myself I'd not be a coward tonight. I'll protect him, no matter how afraid I may be.

"Where should we head...?" I mutter under my breath, "Will we be safe anywhere?"

"I think I have an idea..." Michael nods, "We just have beat him there..."

Again, I nod, slowly as I inhale a deep shaky breath. I follow Michael deeper and deeper into the restaurant.

He peeks into a party room on our left, and once he's decided there's nothing in there, he continues, heading towards the main stage area. There's two long hallways between us and that room.

"This way..." He whispers, purposely going slowly and taking the long way, presumably to get Vincent off our trail.

"I think we lost him..." I speak after a moment, holding back a moment to listen for any other sign of life.