Chapter 37: Night Six: 12-2 a.m.

Adorable fanart from @lovelylucasxx I LOVE IT THANK YOU(:

Listen to audio please X
-

Michael

I have to force the front doors open by yanking on the handles. The rain has made the rusty grips even more difficult to pry apart. When I finally get the doors opened, I reach for the light switches to the left of the entrance, as I've done every other night for the past week. However, when I try to switch them on, nothing illuminates the room.

"Really?" I mutter in annoyance, "Today of all days."

"Maybe the power went out. It is raining, after all." Luke offers an explanation in a small voice as we head inside.

A clap of thunder and a flash of lightning above us seems to confirm Luke's idea.

"Let's just get to the office and figure out what to do." I sigh irritably. This is going to be difficult in the dark.

"I'm following you..." Luke answers.
The trek back to the office involved running into various tables, only adding to my annoyance. If only one of us had looked a little to the right, we may have seen a ball of caution tape, chucked to the side.

Once we reach the office, my brows furrow together.

The phone is ringing. How is that possible? No one is supposed to know we're here. And the power is out...isn't it?

"I'll answer it." Luke pipes up, grabbing the phone before a single syllable can leave my mouth.

"Hello? Hello..." Phone Guy's voice rings through the empty room.

"Hey, um, what-" Luke tries to say before he's almost immediately cut off.

"Uh...what on earth are you doing there? Didn't you get the memo?" He asks us in a very nervous tone.

Luke looks up at me, raising a brow, eyes widening a bit.

"No. What memo?" I demand of phone guy.

"Oh, the place is closed down, at least for a while..."

"What?!" The two of us exclaim, "Why?!"

"Someone used one of the suits. We had a spare in the back...a yellow one...someone used it....now none of them are acting right."

Vincent. He used a yellow suit recently, maybe Golden Freddy, I don't want to know why he did, the right makes my stomach twist.

"To be fair, I don't think you're aware that they were never acting right..." I mumble.

"Listen." Phone Guy snaps, "Just finish your shift. It's safer than trying to leave in the middle of the night."

Luke again looks up at me, fear filling his crystal blue eyes, biting down on his bottom lip.

"This was not a good idea, Mike." He whimpers.

"Shh." I silence him, before going back to listening to the phone call.

"Look, if you're able, we have one more event scheduled for tomorrow before the place closes for good, it's a birthday. You'll be on day shift. Wear your uniform, stay close to the animatronics, and make sure they don't hurt anyone. Okay? But for now, just make it through the night. When the place eventually opens again, I'll probably take the night shift myself..."