Chapter 31: Night Five: 1 a.m.

This fanart is just...GAH SO CUTE!!! Thank you @BandTypeGirl !!!

(Note: if you guys changed your users after you sent me art, I won't have your new user so comment if an art is yours!)

New fave FNAF song atm is above :)
-

Ashton

Luke couldn't stop shaking.

Even when we tried talking about things he enjoyed, in attempt to get whatever is bothering him off his mind, he would just shake his head and insist on winding up the music box for the millionth time.

I hate to think that something horrible happened to Luke. He's one of my best friends, and I wasn't there to protect him from whatever caused that gash on his cheek.

No matter how much he insists on it, I know he didn't just fall on the sidewalk. The gash looks like an animal clawed him or something of that stature. No sidewalk could have done that.

The gash itself is an angry red, much like how my chest was before I got stitches. Everyone so often, if Luke tries to speak, the gash will split and start bleeding again. But, Luke acts like he doesn't even know the cut is there.

I don't want to think about him keeping secrets from us, but that seems to be the issue.

"Ash?" Calum's voice cuts through my thoughts.

I look up and see him waving me over towards him. I stand up, brushing my hair out of my eyes as I do so.

"What's up, Cal?" I ask, sitting down by him.

"I'm worried about Luke." Calum shrugs, "He looks traumatized by something."

I look back over at the blonde in the corner. He hasn't moved since we arrived. He hasn't let anyone check the tablet. It seems as though he hasn't even blinked very often, his blue eyes are cloudy and dark as well as bloodshot.

"I'm worried too...He always tells us when something is wrong." I agree, lowering my voice so Luke won't be able to hear us taking about him.

"He won't even talk to me." Calum sighs, rolling his eyes, "It's like he doesn't want our help."

I nod, sucking in a long breath. Maybe if I promise not to tell anyone, then Luke would tell me what's wrong.

"Do you think I should try to get it out of him?" I ask in a small voice.
"I don't know Ash," Calum shrugs, "but if you do, be careful. Luke seems so fragile right now and I have no clue why."

"I'm not going to push him." I assure Calum, standing up and walking back over to where Luke is sitting on the floor.

His eyes flicker up for just a second to look at me, almost checking if I was a threat to him, before looking back down at that stupid tablet.

I raise a brow but shake off his glare and sit down next to him. He doesn't look up, and the low light of the tablet makes his cut look so much worse.

"Hey, Luke. You don't have to ignore us, you know." I tell him, searching for a reaction on his face.

"Who said I was ignoring you?" He raises a brow, still looking at the screen, his voice cracking as he speaks.

"You haven't spoken for the past hour. I would count that as ignoring us." I point out.

"Whatever, Ashton, I just have a lot on my mind right now." Luke sighs, biting down on his bottom lip.

"What exactly do you have on your mind that you won't tell us about?" I demand, my voice accidentally coming out more harsh than intended.