1️⃣0️⃣•5️⃣

!!short chapter!!

elsie <3

about a week or two later, i decided to take luke out to a lake that was 10 minutes away from our neighbourhood. i really liked that place because of the old, rustic bridge that was there. i liked going there when meghan still lived near me, but since she left i never really went back. i thought it would be sentimental if i took luke there and shared the happiness i had there.
i met up with him at the end of my block and took his arm and led him to a path off of the road that we were currently walking on.

"where actually is this place els?" luke asked.
"not far away, i went here a lot with megs before she left. i never went back when she moved because i had no one to go with." i explained. luke awwed and moved his hand to hold mine.
"so now that i'm here you want to show me ... cute." he smiled.
"precisely." i replied, looking back at his eyes that were glistening in the sun. "you're eyes are super pretty." i said off topic, luke blushed and awkwardly laughed.
"uh, heh. thanks." he said. i giggled and turned back around, dragging him along the bank of the river.

once i caught sight of the bridge, i smiled.
"that's it." i said, slowing my walking pace. luke stopped beside me.
"it's nice. i can see why you like it." he replied.
i smiled brightly and broke into a run.
"come on!" i yelled at luke who was slowly running after me. he eventually caught up to me and lifted me by my waist and spun me around.
with the both of us laughing, we fell onto the grass, luke still holding me so that i practically fell on top of him. i sat up looking at him, he was gazing back at me. i stood up and hauled him up too,
"woah, where are we going now?" he asked.
"under the bridge." i said. he followed me to under the bridge where i stood on stones that were on the surface of the river. luke held onto my waist, scared that i was going to fall.
"luke i'm fine i swear i won't fall." i said giggling.
"i know, but still." he argued while grinning. "we're effectively dancing."
my eyes widened and i smiled wider. i took luke's hands into mine and looked up at him.
"dance with me." i said. he smiled and started dancing with me with no music. the only music that we had was the river flowing and the birds chirping.

it was like the most pinterest achieved dates i had ever planned.