1️⃣9️⃣

elsie <3

i smiled and walked quickly towards toby. he smiled brighter, realising that i was actually me and almost broke into a run as we quickly hugged.
"nice to meet you finally!" i exclaimed, letting go of toby and walking over to his dad to say hello.

toby's dad walked me towards my baggage claim area as i had no clue where i was going.
"i practically have a whole suitcase for luke, it's so bad." i admitted embarrasingly.
"nah it's fine, i can carry it for you and hide it in the house somewhere until tomorrow if you want." toby's dad offered. i accepted the offer and thanked him.

we claimed my two small suitcases and walked outside to the colder-than-america land. i was led to the car and spoke to toby the whole way to the car, like we had seen eachother all of the time.

"this is so weird because you're actually real ... like how luke was." he said once we had gotten into the car.
"i know, this is so weird." i replied. "how long is the car ride to your house?" i asked
"you have about half an hour" he said. i nodded and turned to face him.
"how should i ... y'know ... surprise luke?" i asked. i feel like i should've had a plan to actually surprise him, but it never crossed my mind.
"i think if you just showed up behind me when we entered the office, he would be ecstatic." he said. "he's missed you a lot."
i smiled and nodded my head. "i guess i'll just follow you then?" i asked.
"yeah for sure." he replied.
"okay." i said quietly.
"okay!" he exclaimed and clapped his hands "i'm pumped! are you pumped?"
"hell yeah tobz!" i replied and looked out of the car window.

the car journey didn't have much traffic and the ride back had nicer scenery than there was in america. i gazed out to see lots of hills and mountains, then the scenery changed to a more sea-like appearance. the salt-water was shimmering against the sun, i saw some small boats out on the coast and a lot of people were paddling by the shore. i looked out in awe at the tumblr-type view.

"jesus toby this is beautiful." i gasped "you live near this?"
"yeah, it's pretty nice." he said. "we're almost here so ... you ready?" he asked.
i felt my heart rate rise and flutter.
"more than ever toby." i replied, smiling.

the car pulled into a driveway outside toby's house. you could visibly see the extension from the front of the house. the original house was huge yet the office made it feel like it looked like a mansion. it was so much bigger than my house.

toby unplugged the seatbelt and opened his door, i did the same and went to the trunk of the car and got my suitcase.
"oh i'll take it elsie, go see luke first." toby's dad insisted. i thanked him and followed toby into the house.
"if you go that way, i'm gonna go the outside way so just wait for yelling until you enter." toby instructed. i nodded my head and placed my hand on the door handle. toby left me and briskly walked back outside.

now to wait

i swear my heart skipped a beat a second.

the anticipation was killing me

seconds felt like hours,

my hand starting to grip the handle tighter and tighter

then i heard it

"LUKE !!!!" i heard toby yell in a muffled voice. i pressed the handle down and pushed the door. i looked around in confusion, no one was actually in here. and the extension was smaller than the videos.

then it hit me

ah. i'm in the kitchen.

i walked towards the other door on the other side of the room and pressed my ear to it.
"the prize is here luke." i heard toby say. i quickly opened the door and barged into the room.

luke looked at me with a shocked expression. his face was just as pretty as i remembered.
"surprise?" i said awkwardly.
luke stood up slowly and walked towards me, switching his gaze between toby and i.
"please tell me this isn't a dream." he said, still pacing towards me.
"hey ender boy." i said, giggling lightly at the end of my sentence.
"oh my god." he whispered and wrapped his arms around me. i hugged him back. he then pushed me away and looked me up and down.
"you're really here." he said, now laughing with tears forming in his eyes. i giggled back, feeling my own tears prick in the corners of my eyes.
"i am." i replied back. i pulled him back towards me. "i've missed you." i added
"i've missed you more." he replied, nuzzling his head into mine.

*click*

"aw, cute."
i pushed myself away from luke and looked towards the voice.
toby was looking at his phone, smiling at something.
"toby?" i asked. he looked up
"what? you guys looked cute." he said innocently. "i had to take a photo for your sakes." he added, bringing his phone to our eye levels.

luke and i let out a couple of awkward laughs, i put my forehead on his chest to try and cover the embarrassing flush that was on my face

"it is a nice photo toby, thank you." luke said.
"it's no worries. anyways, i'm gonna shower so i'll be back in about 10 minutes." he said, putting a towel and a change of clothes over his shoulder. he patted luke's shoulder on his way out and said "surprise mother fucker." and left.