2️⃣2️⃣

luke <3

i woke up before toby and elsie did this morning. this gave me perfect time to get the presents i got for her about a month ago. i had put them in a secret bag in a hidden compartment in my suitcase. i got them out and placed them carefully in a bag.
i had bought her a really nice charm bracelet with a set of charms, a cat ear headband and a pressed rose flower in a frame.
i put a small amount of red/pink tissue paper over the gifts and placed the bag at the end of the bed. my heart was warmed from the fact that elsie was here, with me. today i thought that i would have to talk to her through a screen but no, she was actually here. it's weird to think that i've been with her for a whole year.

i sat on my desk chair and went on my phone until elsie woke up. after 10 minutes of waiting, toby had woken up and went back into the main part of his house to give us privacy. i then waited around 30 minutes until i saw her stretch her arms and rubbed her eyes.
"hey." i said. elsie looked up at me with tired eyes and smiled.
"good morning." she mumbled. "happy anniversary." she added, i smiled and walked up to her and crouched in front of her. i pushed her hair away from her face
"happy anniversary." i replied. she sat up on the bed, now looking down at me, still wearing her stunning smile.
"i love you." she said, causing me to become a blushing mess.
"i love you more." i debated and quickly cupped her cheek and kissed her before she could argue back.
"wow, smooth." she replied giggling after pulling away. i nodded my head in accomplishment.
"why thank you." i said.

i averted elsie's attention to the end of the bed, she grabbed the bag and smiled.
"awe, when did you get the time to get this?" she asked, looking at the bag.
"every time we went out, i looked for something for you." i replied. "i hope you like them." i added with some anxiousness in my tone. elsie looked at me with a reassuring smile.
"i love anything you buy me." she said, lifting the tissue paper from inside of the bag, she reached into the bottom, giving me a confused look as she pulled out the first gift, the charm bracelet.
she gasped as she opened the box it was held in.
"luke." she whispered as she put it on her wrist "it's beautiful."
she put on some of the charms and admired the jewellery on her wrist for a moment before reaching into the bag again. when she had her hand on something, she gave me a puzzled look before taking it out. once rendering what it was, she laughed.
"oh so you just wanted a fellow meow-meow?" she teased.
"nnnoooOOOOOOOAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH" i screamed. elsie laughed at me and put on the cat-ears.
"thank you luke, i can't wait to wear them on stream." she said after we both had calmed down.
she put her hand in the bag, reaching for the final gift.
"ooh, its a frame." she observed as she managed to find it in the bag. she pulled it out and looked at it. she gasped softly in awe.
"oh luke," she whispered. "it's so lovely, and creative."
she began to trace the stem of the pressed flower on the glass, smiling slightly as she did it.
"so ..." i started, breaking the silence. "did i do good?"
"you did, amazingly." she said, placing the frame on the bed and standing up. she took my hands and jumped with excitement.
"now you get to see yours!" she squealed "let me go get the suitcase!" she added and quickly walked into the kitchen.
"uhhh ... s-suitcase?" i asked, checking that i had heard elsie correctly.

she emerged from the kitchen with a filled suitcase. it was smaller than her other suitcase that had her clothes in it, but big enough to fit enough stuff for a week or two away somewhere.
she placed the suitcase in front of me and sat behind it.

"suitcase." she replied looking at me, indicating me to open it. i knelt infront of it and opened the zip. when i lifted the top, i was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that was inside it.

"holy" i gasped, gazing at the presents, eyeing up a bag of my favourite candy.
"JOLLY RANCHERS !" i exclaimed, opening the bag immediately popping one into my mouth gleefully. elsie laughed at me as i happily munched on the candy. i looked around the bag and pulled out something that was in a mesh bag. after examining it, i realised that it was a phone case in the style of my mine-craft skin.
"oh my god, it's so nice." i said with my mouth still full of jolly ranchers. "thank you els." i said. all she did was smile and blush a little.
"there's two more things, plus a couple more bags of jolly ranchers." elsie informed. my face lit up when i saw the multiple bags of sweets.
"heck yeah." i said.
i took out the bags of candy and saw something that was boxed and something that was in a small box. i took out the box from the suitcase and looked at it. i realised that it was a ring-box. i opened it and saw a simple, silver ring with a moon engraved into it.
"it's beautiful elsie." i said, taking it out and putting it on my third finger on my right hand. i looked at it from a distance and smiled. "simple, yet stunning." i commented.
"yeah, i have one with a sun engraved on it. i just thought they looked pretty when i found them so i wanted to buy them." elsie said as i pulled out the last thing in the case, a box of what seemed to be perfume.

the box was simply decorated with a couple of rose petals. i opened the box to see a familiar perfume bottle inside of it.
"is this ... the same of yours?" i asked as i opened the perfume and sprayed it on myself. elsie giggled at my little gesture and nodded
"yeah, i just thought that you'd like it because it reminds you of me if anything you had of mine were to not have my scent or something." she said.
i stood up and pulled elsie into a tight hug, kissing her cheek before resting my head into the crook of her neck.
"thank you, i'm glad you're here." i said.
"i'm glad i'm here too." she replied.

i let go of her and we walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. we had some simple cereal and waited for toby to come back.

"so what are we doing today?" elsie asked once we had gotten changed out of our pyjamas.
"well, tomorrow tom is coming over and we're all gonna go into the mall for a shopping challenge." i explained. "normally i'd just relax and watch some tv for the whole day, but its whatever you want to do if i'm honest."
"hmm, i don't mind honestly. just being with you is all that matters to me today." elsie replied, hugging into my side. i felt my cheeks grow warm as she beamed at me.
"oh my god you're the cutest." i muttered, smiling back at her.
"i'm aware." she joked, causing us both to laugh.

"do you just wanna re-watch bojack horseman?" i offered after the both of us had calmed down.
"sure." she replied.
elsie and i moved the couch to be in front of the tv and moved a bunch of blankets to it too. i grabbed a bag of the candy and put then on the couch. i turned on the tv and put on netflix while elsie organised the blankets in an odd way. after starting the tv show from the beginning, i sat next to elsie and put a blanket over us. i rested my head on hers and watched the tv show.

after about an hour, the tiredness that i hadn't had this morning, had landed on me. i let out small yawn which elsie brought attention to.
"you tired?" she asked, taking her eyes off of the screen and looking at me.
"a little." i replied, sitting back so i could see her properly. elsie smiled and patted her lap.
"do you wanna take a nap?" she asked. i took no hesitation into accepting her invitation and rested my head on her lap. i looked up at her, she was smiling down at me and brushing my hair with her fingers. i relaxed and closed my eyes, feeling the tiredness in my body slowly taking over me.

"i love you els." i muttered before succumbing to sleep. i felt elsie kiss my temple and whisper something that i couldn't quite make out, i was too tired to comprehend what she said.