4️⃣2️⃣

elsie <3

jordan jumped up from the couch to the front door. i then heard welcoming and the scuffing of shoes on the floor.
quickly, serena came running through and jumped onto the couch next to me, giving me a hug.
"jesus it's so weird without you in the hotel." she said. i smiled and hugged her back. aimee came through next and gave me my makeup bag.
"for their highness." they said, bowing dramatically while presenting it to me. i took it and rolled my eyes while smiling.
"you're so annoying." i said.

next, toby and luke came through. luke and i locked eyes and couldn't break apart.
"hi." i said quietly.
"hey." he said. "can we go upstairs to talk?" he asked. i nodded my head and stood up. i walked over to the stairs and checked if he was following me. he was, so i went up the stairs and led him into my room. my heart was racing and my breath was quickening. once we had entered my room, i waited for luke to close the bedroom door before turning back around to face him.

his eyes were puffy and looked sleepless. it looked like he had been crying for a while. i wanted to hug him so bad, but i needed to suppress that feeling for until after we talk.

"els-"
"me first... please." i interrupted.
"sure, sorry." he apologised.
"look, i love how caring you are for me and how much you want me to be okay. but you can't try and get me to talk to you about how i'm feeling every single time. you kind of crossed a line i didn't want crossed yesterday." i said calmly.
"you're right, i'm so sorry. i just wanted to make sure that you were okay because obviously, there's a huge situation going on at the moment." he started, "next time, i won't force you to tell me how you feel."
i smiled softly at his response.
"i love you." he said, his voice cracking and tears welling up in his eyes. i walked towards him and gave him a hug. he wrapped his arms around me and  took a deep, shaky breath.
"i love you too." i whispered in his ear.

i let luke have a minute to cry and let all of his stress out before wiping his eyes with my sleeve. he took a deep breath of what seemed like self-reassurance and looked back at me with a small smile.
"let's go downstairs." he said, leading the way out the room. he was already halfway down the stairs before i was at the top of them. i briskly got down the stairs and practically ran through the hallway to see everyone. i gave toby a quick hug and then sat down on the couch again.
aimee took out their phone and messaged me as everyone was chatting a laughing about.

smol bean

smol bean
you two good?

You
yep, all gooood

smol bean
so u guys sorted shit out n stuff

You
yers

smol bean
ok good
thank fuckn god

i smiled at their response and turned off my phone. i continued to listen into the conversation and quietly laugh if things were funny.

i felt my stomach start to grumble from hunger. i felt in the mood for ice cream. i felt as if the conversation was dying down so i decided to bring up the offer.

"hey, does anyone want ice cream?" i asked. i saw luke and toby's eyes light up.
"hell yeah i'd love some fucking ice cream!" toby replied
"i'll have some too! does jordan have some?" luke asked
"uhm, i don't think i do, but there's this really nice parlour about a 10 minute drive from here." jordan suggested. everyone agreed to go out and we all went through the house to get our shoes on and then jordan lead us to his garage.

"we can bring the jeep, everyone hop in." he declared. my eyes lit up as i gazed at his snow-white jeep. we all climbed into the car. toby insisted on sitting in the passenger seat, aimee and serena sat in the middle seats and luke and i sat at the back of the car. jordan started the car and played some music throughout the journey.

i gazed out the window as the car came to a stop at a junction and saw a family with their young daughter. she was running up to her dad, laughing and giggling. it then reminded me. i was at jordan's house for a reason.
my heart sank and my hands became fidgety. luke noticed and intertwined his hand with mine.
"we can wait in the car for them to come back with the ice cream if you want." he whispered. i nodded and squeezed his hand.

once we had arrived, everyone began to clamber out of the car. luke had managed to catch the attention of jordan before he got out and spoke to him cone everyone else was out of the car.
"we're gonna wait in the car, can you just get us chocolate ice cream?" luke asked.
"yeah sure, message if you need anything." he answered with a soft smile.
everyone then walked away from the car and left us alone.

luke put his foot along the seats and leaned over to unbuckle my seatbelt. looking at him puzzled, he leaned forward to pull me over to him to lean against his chest. he wrapped his arms around my torso and rested his chin on my shoulder. i brushed my fingers over luke's hands softly as i relaxed in his embrace.
"i love you" he mumbled. i lazily held the back of his head and scratched the top of his neck as i felt myself become more drowsy.
i felt myself falling asleep closer and closer to my reach until-
"WE'RE BACK WITH THE SCREAM!" toby screamed. luke and i both jumped and sat up on the seats as everyone clambered into the jeep. aimee came in and they handed us our ice cream. they just ordered the one tub but with two spoons.
"thank you aims." i said with a smile.

once jordan had gotten in the car, we left. luke and i happily ate our ice cream together.
once we had come back, we put our finished ice cream tubs into the bin and went back through into the living room and sat around the room, chatting and bantering.

"so what've you guys been up to while you've been here?" toby asked.
"literally nothing but watching anime and brooklyn 99" i replied. serena replied with a small celebration. i laughed  "i've been tired all day though, just literally exhausted." i added.
"it'll be the post-stress thing, it's normal." jordan said reassuringly.
" yeah, if you wanna sleep it's okay." aimee added.
"thanks guys, i'll probably just wait out until its like 8 or 9pm though." i said.
"alright then, d'you wanna stick on a movie then?" aimee asked.
"sure, what's our fancy?" jordan counter-asked
"what about ... red notice?" luke suggested. there was a hum of agreement and then jordan turned on the movie.
i cuddled into luke and had a small grip on his hoodie. he rubbed his hand up and down my side as the opening credits showed.

i'm pretty sure we were all asleep by the time the movie was only halfway done.

a/n

hey! i'm gonna have a break on writing n shit bc,
1) i just cant be bothered.
and
2) i was just kicked out a friend group and need some time to recover n stuff

stay safe!