2️⃣7️⃣

two days later ...

elsie <3

"happy birthday elsie!" lani exclaimed with a handful of presents in her hand as she entered the office.
"thank you lani!" i replied.
"teigan, mum and i went shopping yesterday and bought these for you ... so atleast you'd get presents that you wanted." she said, glaring at the three men who were all practicing for mcc but had turned around to face her when she entered.
"hey! i got a good present for her!" luke protested.
"yeah so did i!" tom added.
i laughed at their remarks and said, "i'm not mad about that, thank you so much though!"
lani put the presents on the couch and sat beside them, i looked at the array of them and gazed in awe. the last time i had received a huge amount of gifts was from before my mom died. i smiled at the memory and picked up a small present.
"may i open it?" i ask the girl. she looks at me with surprise and giggles a little.
"of course you can! it is your birthday after all!" she said.
i giggled "right, sorry."

i opened the small parcel, it was a small jar with a rose in it. i smiled at it and thanked lani.
"yeah! i found it in this little corner shop and practically fell in love" she explained.
i smiled and said "well, thank you lani, that's very sweet of you." and then gave her a hug.

i opened the other four that were beside me. one was a flannel shirt from Urban Outfitters, another was a waterproof speaker because of the last time i complained about the fact that i never had one for the beach. another one was a small mesh bag of different crystals and a custom pair of nike sneakers that were decorated with blue roses.
"oh my god." i said with a smile creeping upon my face. "lani, thank you so much."
i pulled lani into a hug which she gladly accepted.
"luke helped a little with it but you're welcome." she admitted.
"that doesn't change how much i love them." i replied, smiling back at luke who was wearing a slight blush on his cheeks.

"i'm glad you like them elsie. i just couldn't bare you having presents for a day so special. you're literally eighteen!" she explained.
i smiled weakly.

i didn't want to be eighteen. i was always scared of growing up, facing responsibilities, taxes, more. luke knew about this and never kept a conversation about it. same with my dad, we both just hoped to plan that we'd stay in the house together forever, but we both knew that could never happen.

after tidying up, lani had left luke, tom, toby and i alone in the office. i was gazing at my shoes, tracing my fingers over the outline of the roses.

"elsie why don't you wear them when we go out to nottingham tomorrow?" tom suggested.
"hm, maybe. i'd need to find a nice outfit though." i replied, going to my suitcase. "what am i gonna need to bring? what are we even doing in nottingham?" i asked.

"well, i was gonna tour you around nottingham for a vlog-"
"well then why can't we go?" toby complained. "i'd love to meet your mum again!"
"toby you've been around nottingham, elsie hasn't." tom explained.
"oh fair, anything else?"
"uhm, we could probably stream a you laugh you lose or you could play on the dream smp or something" tom suggested
"i honestly don't mind to be honest." i said. "as long as we don't go into huge crowds i'm alright."
"yeah that's fine." he replied.
"thanks tom." i said, letting my lips raise into a small smile.

two hours later

after receiving a huge british candy bag from toby and tom for my birthday, i planned to spend the rest of my afternoon editing my vlog to britain on luke's computer. toby and tom were out in the pool and luke was on toby's chair, looking at my screen.

i had been editing for almost an hour and my neck was getting sore, my vlog was still over an hour long and i had to get it down to at least 20 minutes long.

"hey." luke started, putting his hand on top of mine to stop me. i looked at him in despair. he smiled apologetically and put his other hand under my chin.
"why don't we go to the beach, get some fresh air." he suggested. i looked back at the screen and the chaotic mess there was on it.
"but i need to sort this." i complained.
"i know, but you still need to open your present from me." he replied back. i looked back at him with a small smile growing on my face.
"you got me another thing?" i asked.
"of course i did, you're my girlfriend." he replied back laughing.
"yeah but you didn't have to." i replied blushing. i always felt a little flustered when he would call me his girlfriend, it always just felt like he was stating that i was his and that was it.

luke grabbed my hand and a small gift bag and led me to the door.
"lets go to the beach, for 30 minutes atleast." he negotiated.
"okay fine, but i'll need to get back to editing straight after." i replied. luke smiled and kissed my forehead.
"perfect."

~

luke and i walked out of the house hand-in-hand. the weather was decent enough, the sun was out but there was a cool breeze. it was "wear a zipper hoodie over a t-shirt" kinda weather.

"where are we walking to?" i asked curiously, luke seemed to have a distinct place where he wanted us to go as he walked slightly ahead of me.
"the edge of the pier." he replied with a smile. "there's a nice view there." he added, making his walk faster.

after a couple of minutes fast-walking, we arrived at the pier. nobody was there, apart from an elderly couple who were sharing an ice cream together. i smiled to myself as we walked past them and turned my head up to luke who was smiling at them too.
luke found a bench and sat down on it. i followed his gesture and sat down next to him.

"can that be us one day?" luke asked quietly, signalling at the couple. i looked back at them and saw how in love they were with each other. the man was wiping the woman's mouth with a napkin and smiling. i looked back at luke with a smile just as bright as his.
"i would love to love you for that long." i confessed.
"i would too." he replied.

i placed my hand on his cheek and pulled his lips closer so i could kiss him quickly. he kissed back and then pulled the gift bag out from behind his back.
it was a medium sized, shiny red gift bag with a strip of tape closing the top of it. i took it and peeled away the tape. i looked inside the bag and saw a very filled book. i pulled it out to see an plain white cover that had '21/06/20' on it in red.
the day we started dating

"before you open it" luke said. "i thought of everything in this, but niki was the whole ... making it happen thing." he confessed.
"i already love it." i giggled, opening the book.

the book contained every little thing we did, every photo we took, every game we had played and the amount played, each playlist we had made, the songs we loved the most and everything he loved about me. reading it made me cry a little. it made me realise how much of an impact this one person had made for me, how much he had changed my life.

once i had gotten through the whole book, i placed it down on the bench and stood up, grabbing luke's wrists to stand him up in-front of me and without hesitation, i wrapped my arms around his torso. he then hugged me back, leaning his head down to rest on mine.
"thank you lukey." i croaked, sniffing.
"it's the least i could do for you els." he replied. "i love you."
"i love you too."

~~~~~~~~~

hey, i've been m.i.a again ik i'm sorry.
i'll try and update more but i'm sick so it'll be more difficult.

stay hydrated, love you /p <3