3️⃣8️⃣

luke <3

the flight to LA was rough. elsie was up all night stressing about everything while i peacefully slept unknowingly. she didn't sleep on the flight because of how restless she was, but now she genuinely looks exhausted.

but elsie and i had already planned to arrive first in LA early in the morning so we could catch up on our sleep until the brits arrived. that was until we were surprised with the luggage of toby and his dad.

"LUKE! ELSIE! SURPRISE!!!" toby screamed as he jumped out from the end of the small hallway.
"oh my god! toby!" i smiled brightly and went to hug him as elsie got our stuff all the way into the room before shutting the door, she then came in for a hug once she had finished.
"so bill and aimee should be here in the next couple of hours, what do you guys want to-"
"sleep." elsie declared before he finished the sentence.
"i kind if agree, we didn't sleep well on the way here." i added
"yeah okay fair enough, your room is at the end of the hall on the right." toby said.
elsie dragged her suitcase to her room. i quickly thanked toby before following her.
elsie left her suitcase a few feet inside the room and then flopped onto the bed.
"that's not very beneficial for the both of us." i said jokingly.
"i'm too tired to laugh." she groaned. i laughed at her sympathetically.
"c'mere." i said, tapping her shoulder to indicate to turn over. she did and i picked her up, she wrapped her legs around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. i pulled open the duvet enough to fit her, i then placed her down and pulled the covers over. she buried herself into them and closed her eyes. i walked to the other side of the bed and crawled in beside her. she curled into me and i kissed her forehead before closing my eyes.

a few hours later...

i woke up to the sounds of excitement. i look down at elsie who was still sleeping peacefully. i decided to leave her to sleep and went out to see what all of the commotion was about. i went down the hall to see aimee, serena and bill giving toby a hug. aimee caught sight of me first and ran over to give me a hug. i picked them up and spun them around. i let them down and gave serena and bill a hug too.

"it's great to finally see you guys!" i said with a smile.
"and you luke! but where's elsie? is she okay?"aimee asked.
"oh, she didn't sleep much on the plane so she's catching up on sleep." i explained.
"could i go wake her up?" aimee asked with a mischievous smile.
"yeah sure why not. its the door that's slightly ajar on the right." i answered.
"perfect thanks!" they said before rushing past me and serena quickly following them.

"how was your flight bill?" i asked.
"aw yeah it was nice. very on going but nice views." he answered.
"toby what did you do while we slept?" i asked, i would've thought that he would wake us up as a prank or something.
"oh, i just watched south park and chatted with tom for a while." he answered.

we then all paused and heard squealing coming through from our room. the three of us went through into the room and saw elsie, serena and aimey hugging on our bed.

"so i see that you guys are happy to see each other then." toby said with a laugh.
"yep! i finally have my kind here." elsie said.
"hell yeah." aimey said, sitting up on the bed and pulling the other two up.

"anyways, do you guys want something to eat? my dad's bought food from a walmart, and we're gonna go out in a couple of hours for the irl tag stream so we're gonna need to eat something." toby asked.
"yeah sure, what did your dad buy?" i asked.
"just bread and sandwich meats, nothing special." he said.
"cool, i'm up to making sandwiches for everyone." elsie said.
"yeah me too, i'll help." i added.
"great! we can unpack our suitcases then." bill said.
"it's a plan then! come back into the kitchen in about 10 minutes." elsie instructed.
"aye aye captain!" toby said, strutting out of the room and into his room, the rest of his gang followed  him out of the room.
elsie jumped up and we both walked into the kitchen together.

we saw toby's dad sitting on a kitchen table chair on his laptop.
"hey guys." he said quietly.
"hiya." elsie said warmly.
we found the food on the counter and began to make the food. we decided to just make a lot of sandwiches and just put them on a big plate for everyone just to grab.
about 10 minutes later, everyone came back through to eat. elsie grabbed diet coke from the walmart bag and poured a cup for everyone.

we all ate and had nice conversations throughout the meal and repetitively mentioned how nice it was to see everyone in person. elsie and serena had grown a good bond, you could tell that they were definitely meant to be friends.

eventually, we had to leave for our huge stream, serena was planning on staying with tubbo's dad so she was watching the tv and elsie was sitting with her. i went through to our room and grabbed a rucksack for the both of us. i packed an extra mask for myself, i also packed a bunch of disposable ones for elsie. i packed a portable charger and both of our airpods too.

just as i was about to go wait in the kitchen for the others, elsie came in and stopped me.
"so... funny thing." she started with a half smile half panic face. "my dad just texted me."
"what." i answered instantly, unamused. i walked over to the phone that was in her hand.
she was right.

Ian Andrews
1 new message notification
tap to open

"didn't you block him?" i asked.
"obviously i forgot to." she sighed anxiously. i put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
"it'll be okay ... what does he want?" i asked. she opened her phone and checked the message.

Ian Andrews
i can't believe you'd go to LA without letting me know. i was worried sick about you. i've searched far and wide for you everywhere. you weren't in sight!
i'm so disappointed.
come home.
right now.
or i will make you.