2️⃣6️⃣

elsie <3

the top light was still turned on when i had woken up. i sat up and my eyes fell upon luke, sitting upright against the wall next to my bed, his head resting uncomfortably on the wall with his mask still on. i looked down and saw that tom and toby were fast asleep, the curtains were closed and no light was seeping through them.

"it must be early." i thought, lifting up my covers to try and find my phone, then it flipping a couple of times until it landed beside me.
i checked the time. 2am.
i looked back at luke and decided to wake him up to offer to sleep in the bed. i stood up and shook his shoulder, his eyes opening slowly.

"oh hey." he grumbled, then rubbing his eyes.
"hey, do you wanna jump into bed so you're comfortable?" i asked quietly, smiling softly.
luke took a couple of seconds to process what i had asked, he was obviously just a little groggy from just waking up.
"yeah, i guess that'd be nice." he answered, slowly standing up and unhooking his mask from one ear.

he sat on the edge of the bed and i sat next to him. i intertwined our arms and laced our fingers together while resting my head on his shoulder.

"how was the stream?" i whispered, trying not to wake up the two brits below us.
"yeah it was good ... chaotic, but nice." he replied.
"that's good ... i am planning on streaming later so ... if you want to join that then you can." i said.
"okay, maybe. i think the three of us were planning on going to the beach if you were still feeling out of it," he said, moving both of us to the headboard of the bed.
"yeah. i'd rather not go outside in public for a bit, maybe just stay in today so then i know i'll be okay with going to nottingham in three days" i said.
"oh yeah because you're going with tom." he registered in his head. i giggled and nodded.

"but hey, it's your birthday soon. are you gonna stream it or something?" he asked.
"maybe. i might just want to spend time with you guys though ... maybe watch a movie." i replied carelessly. i didn't really want to think about my birthday. i was turning 18, oldness. i didn't want to be an adult.
"oh but dude, it's your 18th! its a special day!" he replied.
"i don't really want to think about that." i mumbled, ending the conversation there and then.

we stayed in a awkward yet comforting silence for a couple of minutes before luke took the covers and put them over our legs. he then scooted down the mattress so it could cover most of his torso. i copied his movements and cuddled into his chest, letting him wrap his arm over me.
i looked up at him, he was already looking at me. i leaned up slightly to kiss his lips and then rested my head again. he breathed out his nose like a laugh and kissed my head.
"i love you els." he whispered.
"i love you too lukey." i replied, closing my eyes and letting myself fall asleep.

_______

i woke up before luke and heard muffled voices coming from the kitchen. i quickly got up, fixed the messy bun that my hair was in and walked into the kitchen to join in on the commotion that the two brits were making.

"good morning!" toby chirped
"morning." i hummed, grabbing a glass from the cupboard.
"did you sleep okay?" tom asked.
"yeah are you feeling better?" toby asked after him.
"are you up to film today?" tom also asked.
i blinked a couple times, trying to process the multiple questions i was asked.
"jesus fuck," i muttered. "let a woman live a little before the interrogation please." i sassed before filling my glass with tap water.
"sorry." they both said.

i took a drink of the water and grabbed a croissant from the cupboard, taking a bite out of it before putting them both down on the counter.
i cleared my throat before saying, "yes i slept fine, i feel great and yeah we can film the rest of the vlog once i look okay looking."
i then picked the croissant, taking another bite and a swig of water as they acknowledged my statement.