4️⃣0️⃣•5️⃣

elsie <3

"hey!" luke said through the phone. he was lying in bed, half-hugging a pillow. i was essentially doing the same apart from hugging the pillow.
"do you miss me?" he asked.
"more than anything, i wish he'd just leave me alone to be honest." i answered.
"i'm with you there. the energy's not the same with you here. i miss you."
"well, you'll be here tomorrow, that's all that matters." i said, trying to keep things positive.
"yep. it'll be nearer the evening but we'll get a couple of hours together." he informed.
"that's fine with me." i said. luke smiled and sat up on his bed.
"so... how big is jordan's house?" he asked.
"it's pretty big! look at this room!" i said enthusiastically, flipping the phone camera and showing off the room.
"jesus christ that's massive." he gasped.
"i know right?!" i replied with a chuckle.

we fell in a silence again. it think it's because there's a huge elephant in the room that we just can't avoid.
"how have you been so far els?" he asked. i sighed and brushed my fingers through my hair.
"you know i really don't want to talk about it." i answered.
"well i think you should tell me. i think that it'll make you feel bett-"
"bullshit about what you think luke. my dad literally has stalked me because he wants me back in his life. he ruined the vacation that we had planned because we don't want him to find me. do you think i'd be okay? do you think i'm happy about it?" i said with anger building up in my tone.
"you're right. i'm sorry." he apologised defensively. i scoffed and threw my phone on the bed. i tried to stop my eyes from filling up with tears.
"i'm fucking terrified luke. he could be anywhere." i whispered as my tears fell down my face.

"elsie. please." he pleaded. "let me see you."
"you know what?" i said sniffing and clearing my throat. "i just want to go to bed." i picked up my phone and hovered my thumb over the 'end call' button. "goodnight luke."

"elsie please-" luke pleaded before i ended the call.