1️⃣4️⃣

luke <3

6 weeks had passed and toby and i had set a date for when i was to go to the uk to meet him. we were both very excited and were going to announce it at some point this month. i still hadn't told elsie about it yet, and i was too sad to tell her that i would be away for our 1 year anniversary. i was planning on telling her face to face, but at the oppourtunities i had had, it just didn't seem right. i thought about maybe telling her over discord after a stream, but i was just too nervous to.
i felt kind of dirty just not telling her about it. it felt like a brick was compressing my heart everytime i spoke to her and never told her about it.
she even started to notice that i wasn't telling her something.

"are you alright lukey?" she asked while we were watching netflix at my house one evening. i wasn't paying attention to the tv i was just overthinking all of the possible things she could say about me going to britain.
"wh- yeah i'm fine beb don't worry." i replied, trying to act casually towards her.
"are you sure? you obviously have something going on in your head" she asked again. i moved towards her and kissed her cheek.
"i promise i'm ok." i replied. she believed me and continued to watch tv.

another time was after a stream. i was distracted and couldn't focus consistently with els. it was difficult to let it slide past her but i managed to prove to her that i was just tired and she moved past it.

one day, i woke up with a text from elsie.

els <33

els <33
you're hiding something
and it's obviously eating you up because you can't focus.
what's going on that you can't tell me?

crap.

Luke
fine
i can't tell you over msg
meet at our spot
there's something i want to tell you.

______________________

i got changed quickly and left the house to go to the park. i walked particularly quikcly so i could brace myself for the conversation i was about to have with elsie. i got there before her and started to plan what i was going to say.
"hey els! i know that i probably should've told you this when it was planned but i'm moving to england for four months and it's smack bang in the middle of our one year anniversary which i knw is really important to you so sorry!" i said under my breath, trying to act it out in the best way possible.
"what's so important that you can't tell me over text?" i heard elsie say. i bolted around and panicked.
"im going to england for four months in 12 weeks." i blurted. elsie looked at me, stunned.
"...oh...kay?" she replied. "what's the huge problem with that?"
"i'm away for our one year anniversary. something that i know is extremely important to you." i replied, feeling saddened at the fact that i finally told her.
"oh." she started. "that's okay though. we can do something virtually while you're away. where are you staying?" she asked, seeming to be cool with the whole situation which slightly surprised me.
"uhh, i'm staying at toby's house. i'll be meeting tommy and all the other brits too." i replied. she smiled
"that's great! i'm so happy for you beb!" she exclaimed and hugged me. i hugged her back.
"thank god you're okay with this, i would've died inside if you got majorly upset with me, those four months were the best option for toby and i even though there was your birthday and our anniversary in the middle of it." i blabbered on.
"it's ok luke, i honestly don't mind. we can figure something out." she reassured me. yes she must've been a little upset but the ways in my head that this went were much worse than this.

when i got home, toby and i went on call to plan things to do. i suggested that i did a sub-a-thon type stream so then we could decide what we wanted to do. toby liked the idea and we decided to go with that.
i started up a plan for that stream and then did some youtube planning. i then played with my dog and spent the rest of my day just watching netflix