2️⃣1️⃣

elsie <3

i woke up at about 10am. it was pouring down with rain. i realised that i was still on the couch, i looked around me to see toby and luke were on their computers. i yawned which made luke turn around to face me. he smiled and got out of his chair and leaned on the back of the couch.
"good morning sleepy head." he said in the hushed voice.
"morning." i hummed with a smile.
"i was planning on going on a walk today while toby's streaming, would you care to join me?" he asked. i looked outside again. the rain was bouncing against the pool water, it was getting heavier.
"but it's raining ... heavily." i complained.
"so? showers exist." he argued. "i also wanna spend some time with you before i stream today." he then confessed in my ear. i smiled and gave in.
"sure." i said and giggled. "let me get changed and have something to eat." i added, getting off of the couch and into the kitchen.

i searched the cabinets for a bowl and a box of cereal, after a small moment of searching, i found a cereal called 'frosties' and poured a small amount into the bowl, i went into the fridge and poured in the milk. i ate it quickly and put everything away.

i walked back into the office to see luke standing at the door, looking out to the garden. when i closed the door he looked towards me and smiled.
"come look els, it's so mesmerising." he said with delight in his eyes. i walked towards him and looked.

he was right.

there was little to no wind, the rain was pouring at a beautiful angle, the way the drops bounced off of the ground on the concrete, the rain landing on the door and rolling down it like it was a race. luke stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on mine.
"toby when are you streaming?" i asked. toby hummed in thought.
"uhh. i think in about an hour or two." he then decided.
"could you ... maybe put the separating screen up?" i asked. "i wanna go explore the beaches with luke and i don't want him to have a surprising face reveal when we get back." i added, explaining to the two guys that were behind me.
"yeah for sure no problem." he said. "we can go further into town with tom in a couple of days if you want" he suggested.
"sure." i replied.

i took off luke's hoodie, my airport smelling clothes revealing itself. i decided not to bother to get changed as those clothes would be soaked either way. i got out my wash bag and brushed my teeth, then putting on my sneakers and waiting for luke to finish editing.

half an hour later, luke put on his trainers and we then went outside.

the rain was still really heavy, but as it came into contact with my skin, i felt relief. i closed my eyes and lets the drops hit my face. i smiled.
luke laced his fingers through mine and stood next to me.
"this is nice." he said. "i bet the pier will be nicer." he added
"do you know where it is?" i asked, still letting the rain hit my face.
"yeah, i'll lead the way." he said, tugging my arm slightly. i opened my eyes and looked at him, his hair now wet and sticking infront of his face. he lead me out of the back garden and turned left at the end of the driveway.

the walk was quiet but calming. listening to the rain hit the ground, the warmth of luke's hand in mine, just being near luke in general was all i needed.
once we had turned a third corner, i saw the dark-wooded pier in the distance. i gasped in awe, it was like something i had built in our survival world. i let go of luke's hand and slowly broke into a run towards the pier. luke followed behind me, slightly laughing from my reaction.

once we had gotten to the pier, i slid to a stop to try and catch my breath.
"i forgot how much stamina you had oh my god." luke said, panting. i giggled in response and walked futher out towards the end of the pier. luke stopped me before going any further and held my hand again, only then did he let me continue.
we walked together to the end of the wooden platform until we got to the railing. i rested my free arm on it and rested my head on luke's arm.
"it's so pretty." i said, looking out towards the slightly aggressive waves.
"yeah, i went here with tom and toby, it was sunny though." he replied. "it's definitely much better with you, but you didn't hear it from me."
i quickly became slightly flustered and covered my cheeks with both of my hands.
"hey stop taking my thing!" he said in a joking annoyance while taking my wrists and putting them on his chest. we kept eye-contact for a few moments before luke connected his lips onto mine. it was a quick kiss, but it was full of meaning.
"i missed you els." he confessed. i smiled
"i missed you too." i replied, seawater then crashing onto the wood we were standing on. the salt water crashed all up our legs. i screeched in shock, luke picking me up slightly protectively. we laughed from our ridiculousness.