3️⃣3️⃣

elsie <3

i was out of the house hours later, one big suitcase packed with everything i needed. i had nowhere to go though. i was too focused on packing everything that i forgot to find a place to stay.
the first person that popped into my mind was meghan, but their girlfriend might still be living with their family. i gave them a call anyways.

the phone answered in five rings.
"els? you okay?" meg asked straight away, we never phone each other unless something is drastically wrong.
"uhm." i started shakily. "i just got kicked out, is your place free?"
i heard meghan sigh. "elsie love i'm in australia at the moment. i wont be home until christmas."
my heart dropped to my stomach. i was always there for her when she needed me, but when i needed her she was across half of the fucking world.
"screw you meghan." i spat, ending the call angrily.

i raked through my contacts to see if i could call anyone, i didn't want to call luke and say that i needed to live at his parent's place because that'd just be unfair.

i spent the next half an hour trying to get a hold of someone until i gave in. i decided to call luke.

he answered in seven rings.
"you alright elsie?" he asked.
"my dad kicked me out and i have nowhere to go." i stated instantly, not wanting to cry in the middle of the street.
"oh my god els i'm so sorry, go to my house now. i'll go phone my parents. switch to discord so i can still talk to you." he said instantly.
"but would your parents not be unsure about it? i mean, their son's girlfriend would be living with them but not their son?" i explained.
"no, els. you need somewhere to stay. go towards my house, now."
i did as he said and ended the call and called him on discord.

"okay do you have stuff with you?" he asked.
"uh yeah, clothes, washbag, electronic chargers and electronics." i replied.
"ok that's good." he answered back breathly, he seemed to sound anxious for me.
i then heard distant ringing from his end, then i heard luke's mom answer the phone.
"hey mom i know it's a stupid time but, elsie just got kicked out and she needs a place to stay..." he started.
i heard some chatter come from his end, he replied with confirmative noises and then went on mute for a couple of minutes. he then unmuted after ending the call with his mom.
"okay els, you're gonna go to the end of your street and my mom's gonna meet you there ok?" he explained.
"okay. thank you so much luke." i replied.
"it's okay elsie. message me when you're at my house ok?" he answered back.
"i will. i love you." i replied.
"i love you too els."
and he ended the call.

i did as he told me and pushed my heavy suitcase to the end of the street, it wasn't warm and i forgot to get my winter jacket from the house. i'd doubt that my dad would want me to come back and just grab that. i shrugged it off and continued to walk.
i saw luke's mom quickly walking towards me once i had caught sight of her. she pulled me into a hug as soon as we became close enough to eachother.
"luke told me what happened." she said, rubbing my back in the hug. she let go, held onto my shoulders and said "you can stay here for as long as you need okay? you're more than welcome to use luke's room, i'd doubt he'd mind."
"thank you." i smiled. luke's mom warmly smiled back at me, taking my suitcase and wrapping her free arm around the back of my waist, leading me to the house.

once we had gotten to the house, i was welcomed my luke's dog. luke's mom lead me upstairs with my suitcase to luke's room.

"i'm sure you remember where our bathroom is right?" she asked before leaving the room.
"yeah, thank you so much"
"it's nothing sweetie, i promise." she replied. "come downstairs when you're ready." she smiled and then left.

i was alone.

for the first time in my life i could actually say that i was alone. no dad, mom, no strong bond with luke's parents, luke was halfway across the world. i actually had no one at the moment.

all i could do was lie down on the bed. it smelled like him too, it made me miss him more. i felt my eyes pool with tears and fall onto his pillow as i pulled out my phone.

Luke 🖤

Elsie
i miss you.
so much
that it hurts.

i shut my phone off and cuddled into luke's comforter and cried myself to sleep.