1️⃣7️⃣

elsie <3

i had two weeks until i had to leave to surprise luke. i still had to come up with an excuse for not replying to him for like a full day. i also had to bring another two extra hoodies for luke seeing as my other one lost it's scent.
for my anniversary present to him, i bought the same rose scented perfume that i had so he could spray it on anything so it'd smell like me. i also bought him a nice phone-case which was like his mine craft skin, half white and half black. i also bought luke a ring to match mine. it was a sun and moon, i was taking the sun one and he was to take the moon. i did also buy him some jolly ranchers because they were out favourites. i did get him a lot but i think it'd be worth it in the long run.
i was immensely excited to see him, to hug him, to hold his hand, fiddle with his long hair. i just wanted my missing piece back, even if it was only for two weeks.
luke was still clueless about the whole situation, he was thinking that we were going on call for the whole day and just show each other what we got for one another. he kept on messaging me about how excited he was to show me what he got me and i had to act like i was excited in the same way.
my dad was okay with the whole situation. he said that if things were to happen that he'd have luke's parents on standby which i was okay with and felt safer with going so far away.

____a week later (:____

i had to try and think of an excuse to tell luke to explain why i wasn't going to be speaking to him for like two days. i did think that i'd say that i was ill but then he'd want to call me to make sure i was safe. i would say that i had housework to do but my dad doesn't like the way i do it and he knows that.

i then had an idea.

i would make sure that he couldn't reply to me all day with the help from toby.
i asked him to call me when luke was next showering or was busy with something in a different room. an hour later he did.
"hello elsie, what could you possibly need without luke being suspicious." he asked in a monotone voice, he was obviously tired.
"hi, uh. i need you to occupy luke for the whole day i'm travelling." i said.
"uh sure ... why?" he asked.
"because i can't think of a suitable excuse for me to not reply to him." i explained.
"ah. understandable." he replied. "do you have any ideas in mind?"
"uhh ... maybe a challenge type thing?" i thought aloud "like maybe putting your phones in a box and giving it to lani and not getting it back until i get into the uk?" i said.
"hm, not a bad idea." he said. "wait let me give you lani's discord and you can explain it to her." he said a bit more quietly.
"why are you quiet now tubbs?" i asked.
"luke's finished showering, i'll tell lani to add you back, bye." he said quickly and then ended the call.
shrugging my shoulders, i added lani's discord and waited for her to add me back and call me. about 10 minutes later she did and i accepted her call invite.

"hey elsie!" she said brightly,
"hi lani! lovely to finally meet you!" i answered back.
"so toby just said to call you and let you explain something to me?" she stated with some confusion. i explained my thought process and agreed with my strategy.
"i need you to keep a hold of the box until about 5 or 6pm because that is about the time where i'd have landed." i added.
"okay. i'll keep it in a secret cabinet i have in my wardrobe." she said.
"perfect!" i exclaimed. "thank you so much lani! i can't wait to meet you in person." i said
"yes same ! do you maybe want to stream together when you get here ?" she asked. i smiled brightly.
"i'd love to lani. we can think of something to do alright?" i said.
"perfect! i'll see you soon elsie!"
"yes bye!" i said before ending the call.

this was perfect, now i didn't need to worry about luke being suspicious about why i wasn't replying to him at all for a whole day. it made me more excited. i double checked all my packing and added a couple of my new clothes that i had bought online to replace some older ones.
my suitcase was gradually getting more and more organised the more i checked everything. i only did it when i was bored but it changed from colour co-ordination to type of clothing to colour co-ordination and type of clothing about three or four times over a couple of days. i was unbelievably excited and the only person i could express it to publicly was to my dad and he started getting annoyed by it too. i stopped explaining how excited i was and just put my energy on streaming and editing videos that i was planning on posting when i was away.

i spent the last day going out with my dad, we went to target and bought lots of snacks. we were planning to watch tangled because it was my favourite disney movie. my dad also wanted me to have snacks on the plane and for when i got there.
"just in case you don't like the british food!" he stated. i called him crazy but he insisted on making sure i was stocked up on food.

atleast i knew he cared.