☽ Prologue ☆

Y/n's dad will be deceased. I AM NOT MAKING HIM DEAD BECAUSE I WANT HER TO HAVE A SAD BACK STORY. I just want it for a plot device and I want death to be written in a more realistic way. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 POV Y/n Sugawara 

15 Years Old

March 29

I watch Mom puts Dad's picture back up on the small table by the front door. She just bought a new frame. 

It's wooden with a deep wood used to make it. She grabs the box that sits on the table and I watch her open it. She takes Dad's wedding ring out and holds it to her chest before letting out a chocked up sob. She's trying to be quiet.

Maybe I shouldn't be watching from the crack of my bed room door.

Koushi hears and he leaves his room and walks up to Mom. He stands beside her, him being a 17 year old boy, already taller than Mom.

"Hey Mom. It's okay." Koushi says as he lets Mom bury her head on his chest. Koushi's 17. A second year at Karasuno and already has so much responsibility.

Koushi pats Mom's head that looks more like my hair then Kou's. Koushi looks like Mom with Dad's personality, while I look like Dad with Mom's personality. It's a healthy balance and I guess when Mom looks at Kou and I she sees her husband.

Dad died on May 20th five years ago, and from then on my Mom has not believed in firsts. At least for love. Dad and Mom were first for everything. Child hood friends since they were 10. Now, Dad'a not here anymore and Mom is convinced that first loves are bad luck and bound to be broken off.

I don't think Mom and Dad's love was bad luck. They were lucky. Neighbours, then friends, then crushes, then a hish school sweet hearts, then married, then parents. Seems pretty lucky to me, an unlucky thing just happened to happen to Dad and that effected his children, his wife.

Car accidents are an unlucky thing.

I feel myself close my door quietly so I don't disturb Koushi or Mom.

I lay down on my bed and shut my eyes.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 POV Kei Tsukishima

15 Years

March 29

He may not say it, but Dad loves Mom. He brushes her hair everyday when she get's home from work. He rubs her back and messages it when they watch TV. He get's her flowers every Saturday when the store around the corner restocks on bouquets. He gets her her favourite cheesecake from the bakers half way across town.

He doesn't say it he shows it. He's not much for words. Mom says I'm like Dad. Too serious and sweet. 

Right now they the three of us are in the kitchen. Mom and Dad are cooking dinner while I finish up organizing my bag for the first day of high school. Jazz instrumentals are playing in the back round on my Dad's phone. It's the song he and Mom said he played when he was in band back in high school.

"So Kei. You start high school in a month. Aren't you exited!?" Mom asks. She stirs the pot of curry before walking up to me and smoothing my hair our.

I nod my head.

"Yeah. I guess." I say. Dad starts making rice and he looks at me.

"You don't sound exited." He says, a smirk playing at his face that looks too much like my own.

"Yeah sweetie. High school is the time to meet new people. Maybe ask out a special girl." Mom teases as she wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses the crown of my head.

"I think I should just focus on my studies." I dismiss. Maybe I will ask out a girl but I don't want to talk about it.

"Come on Kei. Now is the time to make mistakes. Your Dad and I had relationships before we became a couple.  Firsts are there to make mistakes and we don't want you making stupid decisions." Mom says and I nod.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say. Mom and Dad finally move on to talk about Dad's coming business trip.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n didn't know she liked the risk of firsts being first, Kei didn't know he liked it too, until he got to know Y/n and Y/n got to know Kei.

They both knew some firsts last so they did

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The mother of Koushi and Y/n Sugawara always told her children that first loves, first every things, are firsts for a reason. They're not meant to last. That's the beauty of them. Firsts are there so you can make mistakes and move on. Thats the mistake Rena made. Expecting her first to be her last.

The mother of Akiteru and Kei Tsukishima always told her children the same thing. Never expect first loves to laugh. Especially when you are young. Young, and stupid, and not knowing anything about being in love. Most first loves aren't even in love. At least that's what Akari thought. Firsts being lasts isn't realistic. Akari spoke from experience.

But Y/n Sugawara and Kei Tsukishima were the first exception. Y/n liked the risk of firsts being first, Kei didn't know he liked the risk too, until he got to know Y/n and Y/n got to know Kei.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written July 1, 2021

Released July 30, 2021