Parents and Anniversaries

NORMALISE BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEING ABLE TO HUG. I feel like people sexualize EVERYTHING even if it's not. A brother and sister cuddling cause they are comforting one another is not sexual its called being fucking family. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

May 19

Y/n POV

One in the morning, class tomorrow. If we lived on ground level we'd hear the crickets singing.

Tomorrow's 6 years. 6 years since I heard about Dad's accident I was at home with Kou and Mom. One phone call and then Mom's screams and sobs and Koushi and I not knowing what to do because our parent's never broke down in from of us like she did. Mom explaining to us that Dad's gone Koushi's cries and my shocked tears. 10 year old me not knowing anything about death until I experienced it. My shocked tears turning into screams because Koushi explaining over Mom's laugh screams that Dad's not coming home anymore. That I won't see Daddy again. 

I can never sleep the night before Dad's death anniversary. Sure I joke about it but the mourning never stops. I'll never smell him anymore, feel his hands on my hair while he tries to get me to sleep after a nightmare. I'll never have him wake me up in the mornings for school with his soft voice, only a little deeper then Kou's. Not to mention all the other things he never got to do for me, which sounds selfish but everyone deserves to be selfish every once in a while.

I take a deep breath and try and readjust my position but nothing works. I give up and decide to go to Mom's room but I guess Koushi had the same idea because we exit our bedrooms at the same time, pillows in both our hands.

"Can't sleep either?" He asks and I nod. He walks up to me and gives me a hug stroking my head I nod and slump against him smelling his shirt, he smells almost like how I remember Dad smelled without the cologne he used. Without the faint smell of metal and gasoline and oil. Dad was a car mechanic and died in a car crash. Shard of window glass to the neck. Ironic

Dad was gentle like Koushi, gentle and kind. Sweet and wild at times. I take after Mom, childish, organized and only responsible when needed to be.

"Can we go to Mom's room?"I ask and Kou nods.

"Okay. We can go to Mom's room. She probably can't sleep too." Koushi says, he keeps his arm around me as we walk across the hall. Koushi knocks on the door and a subtle hum comes from the other side. We open the door and Mom gives us gentle smiles, the warm light from her lamp sitting at her bed  side lighting the room just enough to get around.

"Can you not sleep either?" Mom asks and we both nod our heads.

"Here. You can both sleep beside me then." Mom says moving to the other end of her bed. I slide into the middle and Koushi beside me, on the other side of the bed. Mom faces me and I curl into her body, smelling the sweetness of her shampoo off her. Koushi joins in Mom's hug and we all lay there. Mom taking turns stoking my hair then moving to Koushi's grey mop.

Koushi places a hand on my forearm and rubs it up and down before hugging my side.

"Your Dad would be very happy about you two. Growing up into beautiful young adults with pretty hearts." Mom whispers and I grab her shirt harder. Mom is strong. Stronger then most. She had those few months of not doing much but after a year she spoke about dad's death like it was the most normal thing in the world. I guess death is like that though. It's the most normal thing cause everyone's gonna be in the underground at one point.